Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Saline Solution (Another question)
Smile 
Saline Solution (Another question)
Just was wondering whats the best saline solution for clearing a dry nose, on occasion I get slight allergies and sometimes my nose gets dry what would be best for that? Like what brand saline solution is best? Is there a specific one for cpap users that's better? Ide like something clearing and soothing If possible
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Saline Solution (Another question)
[Image: Flo%20Sinus%20Care%20Starter%20Kit_0.jpg?itok=8zFlNMNT][Image: prod15_b_srk60.png]

I've used both Neilmed (US) and FLO (Aus) ... FLO not available in US
Both good products

Edit: for dry nose, try some moisturizing cream "Lansinoh HPA Lanolin" used by breast feeding mothers
Also experiment with humidity setting, some are happy with more humidity than others
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2013, 08:34 PM)zonk Wrote: I've used both Neilmed (US) and FLO (Aus) ... FLO not available in US
Both good products

Edit: for dry nose, try some moisturizing cream "Lansinoh HPA Lanolin" used by breast feeding mothers
Also experiment with humidity setting, some are happy with more humidity than others

Thank you Smile I will check out the Neilmed! the flo looks good but since im in the us ill go with the neilmed and as for the lansinoh I actually picked some of that up already lol I figured I will need it at some point ecspecially if I go with pillows so I bought it and I have my receipt if I end up not opening it that stuffs expensive! I have no idea what I used in the sleep lab for a machine but know it had humidity that definitely makes a difference im sure I could feel the humidity I couldn't have imagined it without the humidifier!
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the Neillmed one. It's little packets you mix in the bottle. I use the squirt bottle, not the neti pot. I use it a lot during allergy season and sometimes in the winter.

Ayr is another maker of saline sprays and related nasal stuff. They also make a nose ointment that says it is great for sore CPAP mask noses. I've used it once I think. I had a sore spot just inside my one nostril. It seemed to help.

If you go to a big chain store pharmacy, where you find the Neillmed you should find others. They are all basically the same.

You can also make your own but I don't know the recipe.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I use Fess...
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2013, 11:16 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I use the Neillmed one. It's little packets you mix in the bottle. I use the squirt bottle, not the neti pot. I use it a lot during allergy season and sometimes in the winter.

Ayr is another maker of saline sprays and related nasal stuff. They also make a nose ointment that says it is great for sore CPAP mask noses. I've used it once I think. I had a sore spot just inside my one nostril. It seemed to help.

If you go to a big chain store pharmacy, where you find the Neillmed you should find others. They are all basically the same.

You can also make your own but I don't know the recipe.

I will be picking that up Monday when I get my machine I think it will help out I never realized how stuffy my nose can get!

(05-19-2013, 12:06 AM)Moriarty Wrote: I use Fess...

I will take a look at that Smile Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 187 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  [Diagnosis] Sleep Study and no solution? CChelios445 3 293 03-03-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Solution for the AirMini Travel Noise JimIve 33 27,545 10-17-2023, 07:41 AM
Last Post: tj1616
  Battery solution needed sumitsimlai 8 959 07-24-2023, 02:01 AM
Last Post: sumitsimlai
  Was there a solution for “Check Power?” Jeffo1 12 11,722 04-05-2023, 12:26 PM
Last Post: Thomas S
  Jolting awake with sharp inhale, a solution McPhearson99 0 586 04-03-2023, 02:52 PM
Last Post: McPhearson99
  [Treatment] BiPAP but no solution: AHI, aerophagia and zombiehood ak99 3 795 08-16-2022, 07:01 PM
Last Post: ak99

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.