Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sanitizer Machine
RE: Sanitizer Machine
(12-25-2018, 12:11 PM)pdng Wrote: Hello, new to the list, I was wondering does anybody use there cpap without water and heat, I don't use water and never clean the reservoir or hose, I do clean the nose piece every 2-3 days and the headgear about once a month. My thought process is if I don't use water I shouldn't have a problem with bacteria. I do experience dry mouth but I am up every 2-3 hours and just take a drink of water.

(double-take) If your pressure is really 4 all the time, that's probably not sufficient or useful to you. You might try using the Sleepyhead software if your PRS1 machine has an SD-card slot, start a new thread here about your therapy settings, post your Sleepyhead charts, and ask for advice. Probably you can get better results with a different pressure or range of pressures.

(Edited to add: I'm even more confused by the mention of Resscan in your profile, if you're using a PR machine. What's the make & exact model of your machine? It'd be good to update your profile with that.)

Anyroad, about humidifiers: At the moment I don't use the humidifier and that works OK for me, but that's not recommended.

One possible side effect of breathing too much dry air all night is minor nosebleeds. I've had those once in a while, but nothing worse from lack of humidification. However, that "nothing worse" is easy for me to say and it wouldn't be good to generalize from that. What is generally recommended is to try the humidifier with various heater settings and see whether you're more comfortable with it than without it. Most likely you will be. But you won't be able to tell for sure until your pressures are adjusted properly.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sanitizer Machine
(12-25-2018, 12:11 PM)pdng Wrote: Hello, new to the list

(another double-take) Joined December 2015? I wasn't paying attention earlier, and I think I read that as "December 2018". So presumably you've been reading AB for three years? Why is your pressure set at 4, and why the confusion between PR machine (supposedly) and Resmed software? Just curious.

Also, what does "dom" mean in your "system one ht humid, dom"?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,091 Yesterday, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  Post COVID Sanitizer B1Sailor 3 602 02-15-2023, 08:01 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,851 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,339 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Motif Clean-Z CPAP Ozone Sanitizer SueAnn 9 1,271 11-28-2020, 08:39 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Is SoClean2 an effective sanitizer ? Eurika 73 17,551 11-30-2019, 08:23 PM
Last Post: Zorki1c
  Pin from power plug stuck in machine ResMed cpap machine B10576 12 6,785 04-08-2018, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Hellodare

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.