Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sanitizer Machine
RE: Sanitizer Machine
JThank you everyone!
Post Reply Post Reply
Some of you have mentioned a brush to clean out the hose. Is there a particular brand / model that works better than others? 

And, can anyone post up a picture of one so that I have an idea what it looks like. The hose for my machine is about 6' long. I have to assume it's a brush on the end of a string or cord perhaps?  Dont-know

That's the only thing that I have some apprehension about, is not yet being able to scrub out the inside of the hose.

I did find this:

[Image: 61AiuZHCoYL._SX522_.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
To tell the truth I don't wash my hose anymore. I found by not washing it I had no problems with anything growing in there. I think by washing the hose there's more of a chance to have something grow in there because your adding a lot of water into it that can be hard to dry out.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I haven't had any issues washing the hose out and then letting it hang to dry. I give it all day to do that.

I also found this brush set-up. It looks pretty good. Only $10.00 or so, shipped free. These brushes are for a 22mm dia. hose. I'm assuming that's what my Climateline hose is.

[Image: s-l225.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
That's the puppy.

I'm with WW though.  I rarely brush my hose out.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-15-2018, 12:33 PM)bonjour Wrote: That's the puppy.

I'm with WW though.  I rarely brush my hose out.

You guys are making me feel a bit better about not brushing the hose out. I do clean it once a week and soak it in very warm water with Dawn dish soap, along with the other equip. that needs cleaning. The mask and water reservoir gets cleaned each & every morning. 

But, for only $10.00 it seems like a no-brainer, to at least have a hose brush on hand. 

I tend to be a bit of a clean freak. I hope it's not showing..........  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
I went ahead and ordered one of these. I may not use it every time I soak the hose, but if I want to clean the inside, I'll at least have something on hand that can do it. $10.83 shipped. Guaranteed delivery by 12-20. 

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-15-2018, 12:28 PM)Big Guy Wrote: I haven't had any issues washing the hose out and then letting it hang to dry. I give it all day to do that.

I also found this brush set-up. It looks pretty good. Only $10.00 or so, shipped free. These brushes are for a 22mm dia. hose. I'm assuming that's what my Climateline hose is.

Climateline and Slimline are 15 mm I.D. with standard 22 mm connectors,  I think the larger brush will be fine, but thought I'd offer the specification for others.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
How often do y'all clean your mask?
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-15-2018, 01:30 PM)basscatlildave Wrote: How often do y'all clean your mask?

For me......each & every morning. I use anti-bacterial wipes. They do a great job and do not leave any kind of scent behind. 

My mask is now 96 days old, and is still sealing just fine. The silicone pillow hasn't turned yellow either.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 265,285 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  Post COVID Sanitizer B1Sailor 3 611 02-15-2023, 08:01 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,892 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,355 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Motif Clean-Z CPAP Ozone Sanitizer SueAnn 9 1,291 11-28-2020, 08:39 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Is SoClean2 an effective sanitizer ? Eurika 73 17,656 11-30-2019, 08:23 PM
Last Post: Zorki1c
  Pin from power plug stuck in machine ResMed cpap machine B10576 12 6,813 04-08-2018, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Hellodare

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.