Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sanity check on next steps (still tired)
RE: Sanity check on next steps (still tired)
Flow Limits and centrals can definitly be a balance act.
Fred Bonjour - Project Manager and Lead Tester for OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter 
OSCAR

Download OSCAR
New to Apnea? Helpful tips to ensure success
Soft Cervical Collar
Mask Primer
Dealing with a DME
Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Thanks Dormeo. That's interesting. 

The attached looks like a RERA, right? There's sort of a recovery breath afterwards, and even after that my breathing is irregular, which I presume means I was awake (arousal breathing?)...

I have no problem having high CAs if I feel more rested... even when I've gotten my AHI down to 1.5 or so for a night, I don't feel well rested, so I'm more than willing to make adjustments that may address other issues and ignore AHI.

Sorry for flooding with posts. I'll wait for another response...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I set EPR to 2 and have been slowly increasing the min and max pressure by 0.2 over the last couple of nights to try to get the flow limits down.

The CAs are relatively stable and still seem lower when I sleep in a sitting position.

I figure that I'll keep increasing the pressure slowly until I stop seeing results in flow limits. Please let me know if this isn't a good approach.

Attached are OSCAR results from the other night, a zoomed in view during a period of flow limits, and an anomaly in breathing that wasn't flagged. Anyone know what that would be?
  • I wear a mouth guard, mouth tape, and a chin strap, so I don't think it's snoring...
Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
You're pretty young. If you're sleep apnea isn't primarily central maybe you want to consider MMA (jaw surgery). Most people that have used CPAP and then had MMA report they sleep better after MMA compared to CPAP. The surgery really isn't that bad if you go to a good surgeon. I'm going that route myself later this year.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
In addition to tracking the FLs, keep close track of how you feel. That's hard to quantify but no less important.

The odd incident looks to me as though you held your breath after breathing in, then expelled it abruptly and paused before taking some recovery breaths. Maybe you held your breath while changing the position of your body and then paused as you settled into the new position??
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-16-2020, 08:09 AM)TSomm Wrote: I set EPR to 2 and have been slowly increasing the min and max pressure by 0.2 over the last couple of nights to try to get the flow limits down.

The CAs are relatively stable and still seem lower when I sleep in a sitting position.

I figure that I'll keep increasing the pressure slowly until I stop seeing results in flow limits. Please let me know if this isn't a good approach.

Attached are OSCAR results from the other night, a zoomed in view during a period of flow limits, and an anomaly in breathing that wasn't flagged. Anyone know what that would be?
  • I wear a mouth guard, mouth tape, and a chin strap, so I don't think it's snoring...
Thanks!

It's good to see your post here.
I'm Canadian too...and starting to see good results with my apap machine.
DaveL
Compliant for 35+ Canadian years

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. I hope to learn from you, and share my experiences with you. 
Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Diagnosis] What should my next steps be? Pet0r 16 406 09-29-2020, 02:42 PM
Last Post: becker44a
Arrow AHI < 1.0 now, but still tired? Is it UARS, RERA, arousals or FL in your FR peaks? 2SleepBetta 1 132 09-28-2020, 11:06 AM
Last Post: sheepless
  Good reports (I think), yet extremely tired ppca 26 2,298 09-23-2020, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Chequebook
  Resmed AirCurve 10 vAuto check settings? hartator 22 516 09-17-2020, 05:26 PM
Last Post: hartator
  [Diagnosis] new to forum, inexperienced, always tired, forgetting, cris2371 30 2,145 08-23-2020, 12:09 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  OSCAR report check wmiller1337 2 185 08-03-2020, 08:24 AM
Last Post: wmiller1337
  check in - reducing CAs and FLs - still tired gcritchley 3 263 06-02-2020, 05:17 PM
Last Post: weiss27md

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.