Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Saturation numbers
Saturation numbers
Trying to figure out my oxygen scoring.

Lowest saturation was 87.0 with 1.4 minutes below 90%

Desaturation: total record 84 count /9.7index

NREM index 5.1

Stage R Index 23.0

(I don't understand any of this.)

Then there is Oximetry Trend Chart that didn't make sense. It has a mean Sa02% and the beginning was 76.0. Since that's lower than my lowest number, it doesn't make sense.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Saturation numbers
If I remember right, they don't count a dip in blood O2 sat unless it lasts for x long. I think it is for 5 seconds?

So it is possible that your O2 saturation did dip down to 76 but it did not stay there long enough to count. The lowest it did go long enough to count was 87.

Your oximetry is good. I'd not worry about that right now.

NREM is non-REM sleep. It could be the NREM "index" is the AHI for that sleep stage.

Stage R sleep is in between the NREM and the REM stages. Again, that index is probably the AHI for that sleep stage.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks! That's good to know!
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-26-2013, 01:00 AM)jshu43 Wrote: Trying to figure out my oxygen scoring.

Lowest saturation was 87.0 with 1.4 minutes below 90%

Desaturation: total record 84 count /9.7index

NREM index 5.1

Stage R Index 23.0

(I don't understand any of this.)

Then there is Oximetry Trend Chart that didn't make sense. It has a mean Sa02% and the beginning was 76.0. Since that's lower than my lowest number, it doesn't make sense.

I think 1.4 minutes total time below 90% is very mild.

If the SpO2 reading of 76% occurred at very beginning, perhaps it was before probe was on your finger, or before secured on your finger, and therefore it was ignored?
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
If not mistaken, RERA do not generally cause decrease in oxygen saturation

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 122 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
  Ox saturation and CPAP therapy dandan1978 3 178 03-12-2024, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 356 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Frustrating insomnia continues despite numbers alienfrontier 10 607 01-27-2024, 02:04 PM
Last Post: alienfrontier
Sad AHI and oxygen saturation worse with CPAP Philio 6 1,223 12-18-2023, 08:34 AM
Last Post: Philio
  Central Sleep Apnea AHI numbers too high chathamite 12 1,021 11-19-2023, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Numbers are better but I feel worse LikeaGlove90 2 512 09-24-2023, 12:10 AM
Last Post: LikeaGlove90

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.