Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Saving OSCAR preferences
Angry 
Saving OSCAR preferences
Hi, newbie question here, my apologies if it's been asked and answered already!

After spending hours setting up Preferences (Events, Waveforms, Appearance) until everything's the way I want it, I find that OSCAR simply forgets the lot when it's shut down and re-started. Any ideas why this might be happening, or how to make OSCAR remember? 

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Saving OSCAR preferences
Hi derekpotter!  -  Welcome

Several questions:  
  1.  What version of OSCAR are you using?
  2.  What OS are you using?
  3.  What is it not saving?

Also, I have several links in my signature that may lend some help in OSCAR's use.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-05-2021, 07:27 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Several questions:  
  1.  What version of OSCAR are you using?
  2.  What OS are you using?
  3.  What is it not saving?

Oscar version: OSCAR 1.2.0+6d9f544a

I've been playing with it for a few hours and now I'm not so sure it's not saving stuff. What I want is to be able to choose the charts in "Daily" and "Overview" and for OSCAR to remember my choices. Both views have a drop-down list of charts (bottom right) plus there are two massive lists under File|Preferences|Events and File|Preferences|Waveforms. The choices there seem to feed into the "Daily" and "Overview" pages though I'm not sure what the logic is as the lists seem to remain populated even if they are not checked. And after re-starting OSCAR, they are once again checked so I have to set up the "Daily" and "Overview" pages afresh each time. And I haven't been able to save the File|Preferences|Appearance settings at all for font sizes etc.

Does that make sense?
Post Reply Post Reply
Both the Daily and Overview screens have the parameter display options in the lower right of each screen.   This is where you set which graphs are to be displayed.  For display order, you can drag the graphs to a new position with your mouse.  These parameters are written when you exit out.  

Depending on the type of CPAP you are using, the developers have provided 2 predefined layouts for the daily screen.  The default screen, defined as Standard, is for most CPAP machines.  The Advanced graph is for Bi-level and ASV type of CPAPs.    To set your Daily screen to one of these settings, go to View > Reset Graphs and select which one you want.  Both of these will reorder the graphs to have the most pertinent ones listed in descending order and was designed for posting here.  Please note, that using one of these selections will override any configuration that you had previously set.  

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll only add that if we feel the need to see other charts we will ask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Weren't some users having an issue seeing the, I forgot which of Save or OK that's hidden in the bottom right with high screen resolution, Windows zoom or 4K... Something prevents some from seeing and clicking the button on bottom right?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-05-2021, 09:43 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Weren't some users having an issue seeing the, I forgot which of Save or OK that's hidden in the bottom right with high screen resolution, Windows zoom or 4K... Something prevents some from seeing and clicking the button on bottom right?

Well, that is exactly the sort of functionality I would have expected to see, but there's nothing like it. I'm using my laptop in its default resolution, so I would assume that if I can't see it, it ain't there.

Thanks for the idea. I suppose it's just possible that OSCAR can't quite cope with wide screens, so maybe I'll fiddle about with a more square aspect ratio to see whether a save button miraculously appears. I'll let you know if I do.

Cheers!
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-05-2021, 11:53 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: ... These parameters are written when you exit out. 

That may be the issue. No automatic save of the parameters and no prompt to do it when you close the program. However, I did notice that using File|Exit seemed to save them on one occasion, though they've spontaneously reverted now :/ 

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you have a high resolution display and are the font sizes too large? If so, see the "OSCAR Graphics Problems" section in http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...leshooting.

If not, what resolution is your display? Specifically, what is the vertical resolution. OSCAR needs 650 or greater.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I guess he refers to changes in Preferences/Events and Preferences/Waveforms, like changing colors, names, Max or min numbers that can be done but are not saved. I complained about that a long time ago and was told that could only be repaired when we really understand the code used...
I presume it'll have to wait for the longawaited renewal of the User Interface Smile
Arie KLERK: Member of the Dutch Apnea Association staff (https://apneuvereniging.nl) and proud to be the OSCAR Translations Team Coordinator. 
***Please help us: We’re always looking for more translators and language editors***

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients, but just dedication to AB. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Questions about the Oximetry Preferences setting.... Lucky7 4 157 03-23-2024, 04:35 PM
Last Post: croc297
  Oscar not saving some imported data jrich2k7 1 415 11-24-2023, 02:44 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Session Preferences srlevine1 0 426 10-24-2023, 07:30 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  F12/Take Screenshot Not Saving Screenshot under Linux? DigitalMan43 4 668 09-30-2023, 05:04 PM
Last Post: DigitalMan43
  A simple fix for OSCAR and Daylight Saving time credibleHulk 1 934 03-13-2023, 06:34 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
Question OSCAR Oximetry Preferences - Pulse Change Events - How Re-apply to Existing Data? DavidEsp 2 618 02-17-2023, 05:16 PM
Last Post: DavidEsp
  Saving a Graph Setup? StratCat48 3 553 08-12-2022, 04:55 PM
Last Post: GuyScharf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.