Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Saving settings to sd card
RE: Saving settings to sd card
Thanks SleepRider! I am using Encore Basic. However, I don't want to erase the card cause I need to show compliance for the first 30 days. After that I'm home free! So that's why I was just trying to figure out how to delete the prescription I created using Encore.
-Ailu
Reformed CPAP Outlaw
Post Reply Post Reply
If you have a spare SD card from a camera, GPS or other device, you can insert it into the machine. I'm pretty sure the CPAP will write all compliance data to the new card. If you only have the existing card, back it up to a computer (all folders and files), and then format it. It can absolutely be restored. I think you will find the machine will write all compliance data, but will not write detailed therapy data, and you should be fine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-13-2015, 08:48 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Ailu, the easiest solution would be to backup the data, then erase the SD card and insert it into the machine. You can then make changes via the clinical menu. You can try overwriting your prescription in Encore. First, what version are you using? If you are using EncorePro, I'd recommend getting the EncoreBasic available through the forum. It's the most recent version and would give you a clean start.

BTW - why is Encore Basic to be preferred over Encore Pro? Curious. Thanks!

-Ailu
Reformed CPAP Outlaw
Post Reply Post Reply
I have used both Basic and Pro. To the best of my knowledge Pro has not been updated for some time, and the last version I used had difficulties with 64 bit operating systems. It is designed for managing multiple patient accounts and has security components an individual does not need, and a huge database module, that gets in the way of speed and functionality on a personal computer. EncoreBasic has the same analytical capabilities including wave form report generation, therapy summaries, graphs and events. Very simply, I think it is easier and faster to use than pro. Neither EncoreBasic nor Pro was intended for use by patients. EncoreViewer is the program intended by Respironics to be used by patients, and it is very limited in the information it gives.

Neither Encore is as interactive or complete as Sleepyhead, but the intent of the Encore programs is for professionals to manage patient care for many accounts, while Sleepyhead is intended entirely for patient use and is not sold or formally used by the professional community. The EncoreViewer and EncorePro is all we had to read Respironics and Philips Respironics machines' data for many years. Basic was a more recent addition. While I prefer Sleepyhead for personal use, I think there is a significant risk it could become unsupported in future years as machines and data formats change, if the developer does not continue his involvement or find a successor for the project.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the info, Sleeprider!

Also, I found a solution to this problem if anyone is interested:

After changing your prescription in Encore and then saving it to the card, choose the option: "erase prescription after successful delivery?" This writes the prescription to the machine, but then erases the prescription from the card, so afterwards you can make changes using the machine. Worked great!
-Ailu
Reformed CPAP Outlaw
Post Reply Post Reply
Good to know Ailu. Sounds like you have it worked out now.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 828 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Saving time/date in ResMed S9 vpap adapt Ed in SoDak 4 484 06-18-2023, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Ed in SoDak
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 921 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  AirCurve 10 ASV settings - Equivalent settings for AirCurve 10 VAUTO Shadowpup 0 856 11-18-2022, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Shadowpup
  Does Your Expensive Resmed 10 have Auto Daylight Saving Time Adjustment? S. Manz 45 4,967 11-07-2022, 09:53 AM
Last Post: Gary K
  Does SD Card Store Machine Settings? upsman 14 1,420 10-03-2022, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  Medical baseline: saving a dollar a day on electricity bill thanks to CPAP NelsonM 3 1,114 09-07-2021, 08:29 AM
Last Post: BionicBreather

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.