Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Saving settings to sd card
Saving settings to sd card
I have a Respironics Auto Flex-A System One CPAP machine. It has a sd card on the back. When I go into provider mode, it asks me to eject the sd card, if I dont, it will not allow me to go into provider mode. After I eject the sd card and enter in to provider mode, I make the desired changes. How to I save the changes to my sd card? When I reinsert the sd card, it loads the defaults on the sd card. Anyone else have this issue? and if so how do I resolve this dilemma? Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Saving settings to sd card
(09-06-2012, 04:07 PM)Nascardave Wrote: I have a Respironics Auto Flex-A System One CPAP machine. It has a sd card on the back. When I go into provider mode, it asks me to eject the sd card, if I dont, it will not allow me to go into provider mode. After I eject the sd card and enter in to provider mode, I make the desired changes. How to I save the changes to my sd card? When I reinsert the sd card, it loads the defaults on the sd card. Anyone else have this issue? and if so how do I resolve this dilemma? Thanks
What changes you,re trying to make.
It could be the machine setting are locked on the card by your provider so it doesn't allow you to make any changes.
If you want to make any changes ... either leave the card out or get a new card.

Post Reply Post Reply
I am trying to increase the pressure from 8 to 9.5, which was ok'd by the Dr on my last visit. Is there a way to unlock the settings on my CPAP machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-06-2012, 04:24 PM)Nascardave Wrote: I am trying to increase the pressure from 8 to 9.5, which was ok'd by the Dr on my last visit. Is there a way to unlock the settings on my CPAP machine?
Why the doctor want to increase the pressure. The machine can run on auto so it can adjust the pressure as needed -

I,m not aware how to unlock other than leave the SD card out or get a new SD card (Don,t know if it affect compliance/insurance thing)
If the machine is the one without the heated hose 550 something than its supported by SleepyHead software

Post Reply Post Reply
Oops almost forgot Welcome
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Nascardave, WELCOME! to the forum.! I don't know the answer to your question but hang tight and someone will be along shortly to give you more suggestions. Best of luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Just a thought, but if the machine reports compliance via modem rather than via SD Card, the SD Card could just be locked. There is a slide on the side of the card, slide the piece of plastic towards the copper contacts to unlock it and away from the copper contacts to lock the card. That is the only thing I can think of. Good luck.
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-06-2012, 04:07 PM)Nascardave Wrote: When I reinsert the sd card, it loads the defaults on the sd card. Anyone else have this issue? and if so how do I resolve this dilemma? Thanks

I've heard of this. The provider can place changes to the prescription on the SD card then send it to the patient. When the patient inserts the card the machine executes the instuctions and changes the prescription.

You will either have to figure out some way to get those instructions taken off that card or just switch to another SD card.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-06-2012, 04:07 PM)Nascardave Wrote: and if so how do I resolve this dilemma? Thanks

I have a P-Series folder that my provider emailed to me. He told me to copy the folder to my SD card and then insert the card back in the machine so that it would change my pressure settings. I never used it because I didn't want to create the very problem you're having now.

The folder contained three files:

encore.txt
use.000
use.002

Here's the contents of the encore.txt file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?><encore ver="1.0"><guid>d3f17c98-c8f2-4784-926f-3f300b9777de</guid></encore>

If you're the adventurous type you could try to find such a folder on your SD card and delete it.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you use "his" card, you may be locked into "his" settings.

Put in a blank SD card and use it instead of his card.

Formatting his card on your computer would probably delete his settings as well, but you might have some insurance considerations.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 896 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Saving time/date in ResMed S9 vpap adapt Ed in SoDak 4 496 06-18-2023, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Ed in SoDak
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 946 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  AirCurve 10 ASV settings - Equivalent settings for AirCurve 10 VAUTO Shadowpup 0 886 11-18-2022, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Shadowpup
  Does Your Expensive Resmed 10 have Auto Daylight Saving Time Adjustment? S. Manz 45 5,092 11-07-2022, 09:53 AM
Last Post: Gary K
  Does SD Card Store Machine Settings? upsman 14 1,485 10-03-2022, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  Medical baseline: saving a dollar a day on electricity bill thanks to CPAP NelsonM 3 1,155 09-07-2021, 08:29 AM
Last Post: BionicBreather

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.