Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Saving settings to sd card
RE: Saving settings to sd card
I just solved my problem. I purchased an new sd card put it into my cpap machine, changed the pressure and it saved it to the new sd card. So why was it that my old card could not change and save the updated settings? Any hints to as a program that will allow me to view the files on the cpap sd card?
Post Reply Post Reply
Over the weekend I opened up Encore Basic and had some fun poking around in it. It looked to me like if you knew what you were doing, you could put settings such as this on the card in such a way that is could not be altered without having the program used to create it, which is probably Encore Pro I would imagine. It actually makes sense in a way because if the DME had their ducks in a row, they could adjust your pressure, etc without ever having to make you bring in the machine, just the card. Just my 2 cents, and a bit of educated guesswork.
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-10-2012, 10:03 AM)Nascardave Wrote: I just solved my problem. I purchased an new sd card put it into my cpap machine, changed the pressure and it saved it to the new sd card. So why was it that my old card could not change and save the updated settings?

On the old card is a folder with files that direct your machine to set itself to a specific pressure. Since you no longer insert your old card into your machine it never receives those directions so it stays on whatever pressure you'veset it to.

Quote:Any hints to as a program that will allow me to view the files on the cpap sd card?

On PC you'd use Windows. See Post #9 in this thread.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-10-2012, 10:58 AM)mjbearit Wrote: It actually makes sense in a way because if the DME had their ducks in a row, they could adjust your pressure, etc without ever having to make you bring in the machine, just the card.

Yes. That's exactly right, as I understand it.

Traditionally they'd have you send your card to them so they could verify compliance and therapy effectiveness. Then they'd put the new prescription on your card and send it back to you. When you insert the card the machine sets itself to the new prescription pressure and saves to the card the compliance data it's collected during the card's absence.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-06-2012, 04:07 PM)Nascardave Wrote: I have a Respironics Auto Flex-A System One CPAP machine. It has a sd card on the back. When I go into provider mode, it asks me to eject the sd card, if I dont, it will not allow me to go into provider mode. After I eject the sd card and enter in to provider mode, I make the desired changes. How to I save the changes to my sd card? When I reinsert the sd card, it loads the defaults on the sd card. Anyone else have this issue? and if so how do I resolve this dilemma? Thanks

The big question is if you are under care from a Sleep clinic or DME that would put you in compliance/insurance situation & may cause problems.

With the SD card it was locked but I think it shows in the menu that it is locked as well but I would need check.

Here is a picture showing the lock on an SD card.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/104178268/ar125...024596.jpg

There are many setting locks that can be set by the provider & will be on youe SD card but if you have the PR System One 60 Series REMstar_Pro_C-Flex+ Clinician Setup Guide it will show you how to change these.
You should be able to do this if you are using software like EncoreBasic in the Prescription tab.

I see my prescription in the software but I have left it alone because I am still under Provider care & will be going back soon to the sleep clinic Dr. & DME.

It does sound like you may have more then 1 lock.
Let me know if you have the Clinician Setup Guide & if I can help you further.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-10-2012, 10:03 AM)Nascardave Wrote: I just solved my problem. I purchased an new sd card put it into my cpap machine, changed the pressure and it saved it to the new sd card. So why was it that my old card could not change and save the updated settings? Any hints to as a program that will allow me to view the files on the cpap sd card?

Yes
EncoreBasic will show you the data & prescriptions on your SD card.
It may work to change any of the settings if the SD card is unlocked.

When I was using the system from my DME they were able to see & change prescriptions using a Wireless adaptor & of course wen I brought the SD with me to my DME but they already had all of my sleep data other then 1 days worth.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nascardave
Check your PM
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-06-2012, 09:52 PM)Sleepster Wrote:
(09-06-2012, 04:07 PM)Nascardave Wrote: and if so how do I resolve this dilemma? Thanks

I have a P-Series folder that my provider emailed to me. He told me to copy the folder to my SD card and then insert the card back in the machine so that it would change my pressure settings. I never used it because I didn't want to create the very problem you're having now.

The folder contained three files:

encore.txt
use.000
use.002

Here's the contents of the encore.txt file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?><encore ver="1.0"><guid>d3f17c98-c8f2-4784-926f-3f300b9777de</guid></encore>

If you're the adventurous type you could try to find such a folder on your SD card and delete it.

Howdy Sleepster! Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but I recently changed my prescription using Encore, and now it's a pain because I can no longer make any quick changes using the machine. Another thing, is my machine no longer shows any compliance data. (It has an "X" over the "Info" screen.)

That being said, does the solution you posted above still hold true? If the prescription is deleted, do you know if the compliance data will show on the machine again? Any insight is greatly appreciated!

-Ailu
Reformed CPAP Outlaw
Post Reply Post Reply
I really don't know. I haven't kept up with the changes they've made to the software or the hardware. Perhaps someone with more current knowledge can comment.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
Ailu, the easiest solution would be to backup the data, then erase the SD card and insert it into the machine. You can then make changes via the clinical menu. You can try overwriting your prescription in Encore. First, what version are you using? If you are using EncorePro, I'd recommend getting the EncoreBasic available through the forum. It's the most recent version and would give you a clean start.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 833 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Saving time/date in ResMed S9 vpap adapt Ed in SoDak 4 484 06-18-2023, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Ed in SoDak
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 923 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  AirCurve 10 ASV settings - Equivalent settings for AirCurve 10 VAUTO Shadowpup 0 858 11-18-2022, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Shadowpup
  Does Your Expensive Resmed 10 have Auto Daylight Saving Time Adjustment? S. Manz 45 4,982 11-07-2022, 09:53 AM
Last Post: Gary K
  Does SD Card Store Machine Settings? upsman 14 1,422 10-03-2022, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  Medical baseline: saving a dollar a day on electricity bill thanks to CPAP NelsonM 3 1,115 09-07-2021, 08:29 AM
Last Post: BionicBreather

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.