Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Saw a Wisp Demo this week
Saw a Wisp Demo this week
One of the manufacturers representatives came into the hospital this week to give a demonstration of the Wisp to the Respiratory staff. Got an invite. I like this mask and intend to get one when they come out. He had the pressure cranked up to 20 and no leaks, without resorting to a vice-like grip from the headgear.Way-to-happy

He mentioned these will likely be out at the DME's and On-Lines begining of May.:grin:
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Saw a Wisp Demo this week
Depends on the DME. The Wisp actually was introduced in January.

Like you, I LOVE Agreed the Wisp mask and was lucky enough to snag one. Gives me great AHI numbers.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-01-2013, 07:28 PM)Paul Canaris Wrote: He mentioned these will likely be out at the DME's and On-Lines begining of May.

My DME got them in January, and I picked mine up then.

It is more comfortable than most nasal masks, but the leaks are not much better. If you have a lot of leaks with your current nasal mask you will probably have a lot of leaks with the Wisp as well.

But I don't want to be a naysayer. By all means, give it a shot.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-01-2013, 10:58 PM)JJJ Wrote:
(03-01-2013, 07:28 PM)Paul Canaris Wrote: He mentioned these will likely be out at the DME's and On-Lines begining of May.

My DME got them in January, and I picked mine up then.

It is more comfortable than most nasal masks, but the leaks are not much better. If you have a lot of leaks with your current nasal mask you will probably have a lot of leaks with the Wisp as well.

But I don't want to be a naysayer. By all means, give it a shot.

JJJ,

Have you gotten the mask liners yet?

Back to Topic. Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
As you say correctly some DME's have them, the Respironics sales guy mentioned that. I think the May date is a wide general distribution target date. But then again who knows if he was just talking.

I'm waiting for the on-lines to get them so the price competition kicks in. Even though I have good insurance, I've stopped using it for DME equipment and supplies as I don’t care for their artificial markup games.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-03-2013, 03:27 PM)cbramsey Wrote: JJJ,
Have you gotten the mask liners yet?

Yep. RemZzzs and Quietus. Tried both. Neither was worth a damn for stopping leaks. See thread under Leaks and Liners.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-03-2013, 06:24 PM)Paul Canaris Wrote: Even though I have good insurance, I've stopped using it for DME equipment and supplies as I don’t care for their artificial markup games.

You might want to give your insurance company's Benifits Office a call. Mine agreed to let me buy all of my stuff on-line and e-mail them scans of the receipts with a filled out standard generic claim form (available on many internet supplier web sites) and then they reimburse me (subject to deductible, co-pay etc.). My Ins. Co. was happy to do this - they save money and I save money plus avoid the hassle of constantly dealing with crooks. I've never had a problem and always get my reimbursement check just a couple of weeks after e-mailing them the claim. I don't know how many insurance companies will do this, but it's worth a shot.

I have found it much eaiser to deal with the insurance company and internet suppliers (I have ordered from several and they have all been great to deal with), than to deal with the Respiratory Salesologists at the brick and mortar DME establisments.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been waiting to hear from one internet supply store for the Wisp to be in stock. I love my new ResMed gel nasal mask. Keeping my mouth closed is esy with a simple chinstrap. I am a mouth breather at night, but not generally
during the day. I don't know
why, but I switch to mouth breathing as soon as I lay down. The chin strap does it job. The rushing air when I open my mouth to yawn or cough during the night rouses me enough to close my mouth. I imagine that would
happen even during the deep stage of sleep. I'm not one of those savvy folks who can set up a camera beside the bed.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First post - First week of CPAP R1c4ard06 3 99 04-16-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: R1c4ard06
  Having fluctuating results 3rd week in. Data attached Jscott321 5 211 04-03-2024, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Jscott321
  First week with CPAP Oscar - Adjustments phillyfan24 9 660 03-30-2024, 08:27 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 179 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  [NEW USER] First Week - Help Getting Oriented rarmstrong26 4 252 03-05-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: rarmstrong26
  Finding right mask- 1 week in GOIRISH65 3 273 03-02-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  First week - One "good" night and waking up with mask off most nights ghost10 9 708 12-15-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: ghost10

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.