Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Screen shot of why the Garmin Pulse Ox can't be trusted
Screen shot of why the Garmin Pulse Ox can't be trusted
I got a Garmin vívosmart 4 for sleep tracking. It also will record 4 hours of Pulse Ox readings per night, one minute apart, and I've always been a little suspicious of them, but this is ridiculous. The line in the time/SPO2 graph in this screen capture goes back and forth instead of one direction only. A pulse ox graph should not look like a cursive signature :-O

So, clearly there is a bug.

But I have to say, it's still really hard to completely ignore the other readings that are frequently between 80 and 90% and are at odds with the readings from my sleep study.

Is it worth it to buy a dedicated pulse ox to test whether or not the Garmin is totally wrong, or should I just ignore it completely since there is pretty strong evidence it is un-reliable?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Screen shot of why the Garmin Pulse Ox can't be trusted
It's a Garmin!

If you've used GPS or personal fitness devices, you would be used to glitches. I have owned many Garmin devices over the years. They build hardware and don't support it with good software or firmware. JHMO.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nice signature on the screenshot.

IMO maybe Garmin should stick with GPS devices. They'd be able to find their corporate direction by rethinking things a bit.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I like how the chart crosses back into the past. According to this, there were multiple times throughout the night where you had two different yet simultaneous readings! Sometimes three! Oy  Rolleyes
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,223 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,844 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 204 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 675 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
Question [Equipment] Apnea index, blood pressure, pulse and SpO2 stier52r043 0 230 02-25-2024, 11:49 AM
Last Post: stier52r043
  Resmed disagrees with Garmin bobdobbs 10 790 02-23-2024, 12:03 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  [CPAP] Need help with low pulse ox data/CPAP data Dan E 5 405 02-05-2024, 03:41 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.