Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Screenshot of my APAP report
RE: Screenshot of my APAP report

Reviving this thread to followup on my earlier post. Hopefully you can see today's detail report above. I did change the minimum pressure to 8 and switched to the medium nasal pillows instead of the smalls I had been using. Subjectively I don't feel any more rested. I was really hoping for the "slept 8 hours and jumped out of bed rested and full of energy" I've seen in other posts. I am able to sleep a little longer than when I first started months ago - I could only last 2 hours some nights then, now I can manage 4 hours most nights. I don't know if that is from the higher pressure or just getting used to the pillows or what. I am still using the Apex ICH Auto, humidifier is set to 2-1/2 out of 5. Side sleeper. Sure am glad it is so portable, we took a 5-day trip last month and I was able to bring it along. Thoughts welcome, if you have questions feel free to ask.
Post Reply Post Reply
It looks like you're down to an AHI of 1.25 on average, with mostly hypopnea events. Looks pretty good. I think that to get a good look at anything you have to set the analysis duration to match a single session, then the graph will stretch out and show the entire session and events in a more meaningful way. The posted image is for 2-weeks, which is fine for a summary.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Sleeprider. Any idea why I'm not seeing subjective improvement, or what I can do to bring that about?

I can't imagine how anyone uses CPAP without ERV. If I had to breathe out against pressure while using the APAP, I'd never get ANY sleep. As it is, the first couple of breathes (before the machine identifies and accommodates my exhale rhythm) are pretty uncomfortable.
Post Reply Post Reply
Fatigue and other non-specific symptoms can have a lot of causes. Since you live at altitude, I'd be sure to have a current blood workup and rule out anemia, since oxygen carrying hemoglobin is important at altitude. A general physical would be a good idea if you're not current. You could get an inexpensive oximeter to see if your blood SpO2 is keeping up. Basically, the therapy seems to be working pretty good, and while the Apex software does not give us a lot of detail, there is nothing that stands out here as a problem.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm an RN and have had two pulmonary emboli (which I don't recommend as a fun experience, BTW) so I have a pretty good oximeter and my O2 sats run 95+ when I'm not having hypopnea. Also see my doctor fairly often with my various health issues. I know the Apex software sucks but it's better than nothing, I guess. And the machine itself seems to work well.

How does anyone manage who doesn't have ERV? When I start the machine, the first couple of breaths are miserable, pushing against the air pressure, until it figures out when I am breathing in and when I am breathing out. I'd never get any sleep if I always had to breathe out against that pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 93 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 375 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 578 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 442 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 34 1,427 03-14-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Help optimizing APAP SomeUser 8 1,152 03-12-2024, 03:51 AM
Last Post: SomeUser
  APAP->Bi-level Titrating sleepymf 8 590 03-11-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: sleepymf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.