Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sd card data?
Sd card data?
Hi. I've just been given a Resmed s9 from clinic. I've noticed it's got an sd card. What data is being stored on card and is it worth buying the software to have a look myself (suppose just curious) or is it just the usage hours they look for?. If it's just the time the machine is running then I won't need software as I know I use it for approx 6-8 hours a night. Any advice would be appreciated before I spend money on software. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sd card data?
Welcome Danny1 to ApneaBoard! You can get both the ResMed software ResScan and SleepyHead-a software written by a member that most of us use. You can get both software here on this forum-link for SleepyHead near the top.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks cate.what sort data will I see and will it be beneficial to myself?.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Danny1,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for answers to your questions and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day Danny, welcome to Apnea Board. We always recommend you get the software so you can monitor your own progress and help diagnose any problems. Sleepyhead is my preferred software, and it's free from here: http://www.sleepfiles.com/SH2/ You can also get ResMed's proprietary software ResScan from here: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hines-only My personal preference is Sleepyhead - it's written by a a hosehead for hoseheads. There's no charge but I always suggest we send Mark a donation to help fund ongoing development.

I've attached a link of a random screen dump from SleepyHead - as you can see the data is very detailed and there are many more options than the few in this screen dump. It will tell you everything you need to know about your condition and treatment. There are plenty of people on this forum who can help you interpret the data, or you can work through the beginner's guide: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

The one caution in all this is that your machine has to be capable of actually producing the data. Which model S9 do you have? If it's an Elite or Autoset you're good to go. If it's an Escape or Escape Auto then you won't get any useful data from it.
[attachment=1909]
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-25-2015, 08:31 PM)Danny1 Wrote: Thanks cate.what sort data will I see and will it be beneficial to myself?.
Depend on the model, which one is your S9?
[Image: s9-autoset-models.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply

Hi. My s9 just shows "escape" on left.last night I was playing around looking for info
In the machine but it was showing no days and 4 hours.
This is really strange as I've been using it every day for past week.
The running hours of machine is increasing with use but showing no days in the other menu. Also after watching YouTube videos I can see you are suppose to tell how many episodes/ flow rate/leakage etc but I can't find any data like that.
If the sd card can show data then I could go down that route but if it only shows how long the machine is running then there's no point?. Does anyone know what data I could see on the sd card?. Can't believe it would only be machine running time as I wear this to comply with Dvla and obviously for my own benefit.
Thanks everybody.
Post Reply Post Reply
Danny unfortunately your Escape is severely crippled in terms of data. Also unfortunately the regulators only seem to look at the number of hours used and not how effective the therapy is. That's why the Escape and similar data-limited machines are called bricks.

If you possibly can, get rid of the Escape and get a data capable machine like an Elite or (preferably) an AutoSet.
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks deep breathing. So what exactly is the sleep clinic seeing on the sd card?.
Surely people could just turn the machine on and off again after 8 hours and pass the legislation then?. Surely there must be something more than how long it's running?
P.s Great forum and very helpful members. I'm spending a lot of time reading through everything and it's really helpful.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-26-2015, 01:05 PM)Danny1 Wrote: thanks deep breathing. So what exactly is the sleep clinic seeing on the sd card?.
Surely people could just turn the machine on and off again after 8 hours and pass the legislation then?. Surely there must be something more than how long it's running?
P.s Great forum and very helpful members. I'm spending a lot of time reading through everything and it's really helpful.

Danny1
Is this machine a loaner? Even if it isn't, you haven't had it very long. Take it back and get a data capable auto machine. How will you track your therapy and determine if therapy is working?

And no, you can't just leave it run and turn off after 8 hours. There is a difference between blower hours and user hours.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 170 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
  [CPAP] First post - Uploading Airsense 11 AutoSet data to SD card DrBook 2 346 01-03-2024, 07:50 PM
Last Post: DrBook
  AirSense 11 not reporting data correctly to SD card WHB74 4 503 10-17-2023, 03:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Recording Data To SD Card TheEngineer 4 669 09-14-2023, 08:30 AM
Last Post: RNeil
  No SD Card anyway to get last night's data jerrykur 2 467 08-01-2023, 10:41 AM
Last Post: jerrykur
  My DME cant import my emailed SD card data, can I export all days to a pdf? ImAlwaysTiredd 7 723 12-28-2022, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 921 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.