Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sd card data?
RE: Sd card data?
(11-26-2015, 01:05 PM)Danny1 Wrote: thanks deep breathing. So what exactly is the sleep clinic seeing on the sd card?.
Surely people could just turn the machine on and off again after 8 hours and pass the legislation then?. Surely there must be something more than how long it's running?
P.s Great forum and very helpful members. I'm spending a lot of time reading through everything and it's really helpful.

Danny I originally had this machine as my loaner. Only data is gives is the hours used each night. That's it. SleepyHead has nothing to work with using the SD card from this machine.

My doc wanted to see my sleep data so he had to requisition a fully data capable machine, so I ended up with the AirSense 10 Elite which is fully data capable and has more bells and whistles than the S9 series as it's a generation newer. But I agree if you can spring for the AirSense 10 AutoSet it not only works in fixed CPAP mode, but also full Auto mode.

Keep us posted.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-26-2015, 01:05 PM)Danny1 Wrote: thanks deep breathing. So what exactly is the sleep clinic seeing on the sd card?.
Surely people could just turn the machine on and off again after 8 hours and pass the legislation then?. Surely there must be something more than how long it's running?

The machine only records hours if it's hooked up to a breathing human.

I'm not sure exactly what it senses, but it won't be fooled if you just let the machine blow. I think it senses the changing pressure or air flow as you inhale and exhale. I think it won't even be fooled if you hook it up to a hose and put some sort of obstruction in the hose to generate some back pressure.

The Escape only records the on/off time and the pressure and other settings.

Basically, insurance requires you use the machine for x hours a night and the machine only records enough data to see that you're being a good little peasant and following doctor's orders. The medical mafia calls this compliance. Tragically, many doctors only look at compliance and tell patients they're doing fine if they have "compliance."

If the doctor didn't describe the proper pressure you need, you could still have horrible apnea, and the machine would still report everything is fine, and many doctors will tell them they're doing fine.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-25-2015, 08:15 PM)Danny1 Wrote: Hi. I've just been given a Resmed s9 from clinic.
Where about are you and did you bought the machine, given for free, or is it a loaner?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 170 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
  [CPAP] First post - Uploading Airsense 11 AutoSet data to SD card DrBook 2 346 01-03-2024, 07:50 PM
Last Post: DrBook
  AirSense 11 not reporting data correctly to SD card WHB74 4 504 10-17-2023, 03:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Recording Data To SD Card TheEngineer 4 671 09-14-2023, 08:30 AM
Last Post: RNeil
  No SD Card anyway to get last night's data jerrykur 2 467 08-01-2023, 10:41 AM
Last Post: jerrykur
  My DME cant import my emailed SD card data, can I export all days to a pdf? ImAlwaysTiredd 7 725 12-28-2022, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 922 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.