Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sd card info
Sd card info
I have never erased any of the info on my sd card for my respironics machine should i do this or not will it erase everything including my mane and other vital info?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sd card info
Hi mclift35!

Welcome

I don't fully understand your question so I'm going to answer the best I can. If you're taking your CPAP out of service permanently, like turning it back in or giving it to someone else, then you could put your SD card in a card reader and reformat it. This will remove all data on the card. On the other hand if you are worried about the card getting full, CPAP software is designed to overwrite the oldest data to make room for the newer data as the need arises.

I hope that one or both the above statements address your concern.

Take Care!

Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Crimson Yes that is what I was wondering was if it write over the old info or if I needed to erase it off the card because I haven't used the info on the card in a while but I remember there being some sort of option to delete the info on sd card on the encore basic program I think? so I don't have to do anything then it just writes over the old info once I have downloaded to my pc then?
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-14-2016, 05:50 PM)mclift35 Wrote: so I don't have to do anything then it just writes over the old info once I have downloaded to my pc then?

Well kinda. Whether you download it or not, the card is going to store only information for the more recent sessions. . . only purging the oldest to make room for the newest. If you are downloading the card's data to a directory on your computer, then the directory should contain all the data since you started recording and saving it. . . including the data that was erased from the SD card.

I see that you aren't using SleepyHead. One of its attributes is that it archives your raw data in to folders that are labeled for the year that the data was recorded. . .(just a thought)

As a side note; I download my data regulatory because SD cards can go bad and I don't want to lose any data.

Sleep Well!

Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbsdown DreamStation 2 Session Info - Phantom Disconnects Wizard99 24 2,468 10-02-2023, 10:25 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  Oscar cannot read SD card and SD card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 1 629 08-21-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar cannot read card - card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 3 537 08-21-2023, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Missing Datalog info - bad SD card or something else? q49q49 4 792 06-01-2023, 07:17 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Oscar not showing info from a Airsense 10 AutoSet for Her CavemanSean 7 793 04-28-2023, 08:22 AM
Last Post: CavemanSean
  O2 Ring data on a Mac - INFO Cuppa 6 744 12-11-2022, 12:06 AM
Last Post: Cuppa
  No AHI info/ Tag displays "BRICK! :(" Stubby 25 2,201 04-16-2021, 04:45 PM
Last Post: rjsmith1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.