Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Search for Perfect Nasal Pillows
RE: Search for Perfect Nasal Pillows
(01-07-2015, 03:50 PM)herbm Wrote: Just to make the non-P10 users jealous: I just run the light weight pigtail hose of the P10 down my body and either trap it between my arm and rib cage (when facing away from machine) or under my arm and body pillow (when facing the machine.)

It practically disappears and does not pull on my nose or head. Leaks are minimal (I tolerate NO leak noise.)

Usually the only occasional source of leaks are either:

1) Rubbing my cheek on the pillow (snuggling in) and putting tension on one side of headgear -- but I have pretty much learned to avoid this 99% of the time.

2) Bumping the mask hose connector into something (usually my body pillow) -- but that required only a trivial commitment to moving the pillow down the bed a few inches to leave space.

Hate to disillusion you Herb but I take no care in the placement of my hose and I do not have trouble with leaks and that is with an FFM. I do not need to pay attention to specific hose routing. My leak rate is:

median = 0
95% = much of the time 0
max = once was 0

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Search for Perfect Nasal Pillows
(11-15-2014, 10:32 AM)PollCat Wrote: I've become fed up with the little prongy-things that held the Aloha pillows to the head gear. If you accidentally detached one of the prongs during the night, you must turn on a light to get it re-attached! Oh-jeez Over the years, I've tried so many pillow-masks that I've lost count. One of these days I'll find the perfect one for me. Until that day arrives, I continue to search.

After researching new pillow-mask "products" on the internet, I order the Apex (Mr) Wizard 230 nasal pillows mask from Supplier #1. After a few night's sleep with this mask, I'll review it in the appropriate forum; see (http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-C...sk-Reviews)

I assume that there must be some reason for it, but I think part of your problem is limiting your search to nasal pillows. Just my offhand opinion!

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 23 10,756 03-26-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 316 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 268 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Nasal pillows vs. cradle GOIRISH65 8 389 03-04-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 395 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  'Near-perfect' flowrate graphs CPAPnerd 7 431 02-11-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
Question Snoring worse with FFM vs pillows PaulaO2 12 933 01-28-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.