Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Searching for a nasal mask
Searching for a nasal mask
My sleep doc originally prescribed the Mirage FX. It has worked reasonably well, but it still has leakage problems even when adjusted fairly tight (as tight as I can stand it). The leakage increases when I roll from my side to my back while asleep. The hose tugs on it, and I get a big leak, and it awakens me.

I recently found out that the DME no longer supports this mask, so I was provided a new 3B io nasal mask to replace it. This mask does not have a quick-disconnect feature for the hose, and it leaves ugly red marks on my forehead and around my eyes sometimes, which persist much of the day. It too has a leakage problem, but at the corner of my eyes, and it too awakens me when it starts to leak.

I'm looking for a new mask where my chances of success are greater. Of both the masks, I like the Mirage FX better, but I would like to try others that may help with my leakage problems.

Has anyone tried the 3B io nasal mask, and if so, how do you like it? Has anyone had success with any of the newer nasal masks? I envision a drawer full of masks before I find one that I really like.
Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Searching for a nasal mask
If I were going to try a nasal mask again I would try the Resmed N10. But that's mostly because I use the Resmed P10 pillows mask and I can't imagine using anything else.

Not much help. Unless you're into considering a P10 pillows mask. Which of course everyone eventually will. Resistance is futile.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried the wisp or eson? I had great experiences with both, but as always YMMV.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-27-2015, 08:15 PM)retired_guy Wrote: If I were going to try a nasal mask again I would try the Resmed N10. But that's mostly because I use the Resmed P10 pillows mask and I can't imagine using anything else.

Not much help. Unless you're into considering a P10 pillows mask. Which of course everyone eventually will. Resistance is futile.

+1 for P10. I started out with the fx nasal pillows for her, and changed to the P10 because the venting was bothering me badly. P10 for the Win!
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-27-2015, 08:12 PM)Jim Bronson Wrote: Has anyone tried the 3B io nasal mask, and if so, how do you like it? Has anyone had success with any of the newer nasal masks? I envision a drawer full of masks before I find one that I really like.
Thanks.

This is the most leak-free mask I've ever used, even @20cm H2O, and it doesn't need to be tight or leave marks. The down-side is it's ugly and the exhaust is noisy, but if you want leak-free, comfortable and functional, that's it.

My second favorite is the respironics nuance, which is dead silent, but is a little fussier about how it seals. I couldn't keep it in place until I thre out the headgear and just velcro'd it to my chin strap. That's what I currently use.

Terry
Post Reply Post Reply
Started out with the Swift FX Nano (wide for me) #62221
Very good mask for me but if you can breath through your nose you can get use to a pillow IMO.

Took me two weeks for the raw nostrils to toughen up but leaks are way down with the P10 .... don't resist you will thank us later ... I tried the large and it works great.
Very light, hardly know it's there after a while, you have to try this, the reviews are overwhelmingly positive.

Post Reply Post Reply
I started with the wisp liked it bur the P10 is fantastic very minor leaks rarely and can hardly know it's on.
Post Reply Post Reply
I love my Pilairo Q - but as always YMMV.

Cheers

Moriarty.
Disclaimer: The 'Advisory Member' title is a Forum thing that I cannot change. I am not a doctor and my comments are purely my opinion or quote my personal experience. Regardless of my experience other readers mileage may vary.
Post Reply Post Reply
At your pressure of 9cm, I would go with the P10.

Eventually everyone will go to the P10. Resistance is Futile!!
PRS1 Auto & Dreamstation Auto w/ P10 and straight pressure of 8cm
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-27-2015, 08:15 PM)retired_guy Wrote: If I were going to try a nasal mask again I would try the Resmed N10. But that's mostly because I use the Resmed P10 pillows mask and I can't imagine using anything else.

I Loved the head gear and diffusion of the N10 but found it noisy. I would recommend the Wisp (which comes with a fit pack xs, s/m and Large nose cushion) or the Eson. The Eson mask runs a big large. I use the Small on the Eson yet and the s/m on the Wisp. I also use the Large on the Wisp when I am a bit congested and it still does not leak.

Good luck!

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 99 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 321 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,077 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,224 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  Greeting and biography for searching tpstinson72 2 173 02-03-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: tpstinson72
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 339 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 483 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.