Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18 IPAPmax - 11 EPAPmin, PS=5
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments: μολὼν λαβέ

Sex: Male

Sears Kenmore Refrigerator = Junk
Last August, we bought a new Sears Kenmore Refrigerator. Even paid extra for an extended warrantee. At 3 months, the icemaker died. Last Friday, the evaporator fan sounded like it was chipping ice. The freezer compartment had gone from 0F to -40F. The refrigerator compartment was warm; having gone from 34F to 50F. It's basically iced up somewhere.

Called Sears for service. Earliest appointment was for Tuesday morning. I had 6, 10cc vials of insulin in there; and my cost to replace would be about $1200. Tuesday morning, Sears called -- they're not coming until Thursday.

There was a time when I bought Sears Craftsman tools. Lifetime guarantee. Break a tool; and just walk in and they would swap it for a new one. Those days are gone.

I'll never buy anything from Sears again.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
05-26-2016 09:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Sleepster Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: ResMed AirCurve10 VAuto
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: HumidAir and SlimLine Hose
CPAP Pressure: MaxI 13.6 | MinE 5.2 | PS 4.4
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Diagnosed Nov 2011. Conquered aerophagia.

RE: Sears Kenmore Refrigerator = Junk
When we remodeled our kitchen we purchased all new appliances from Sears and paid extra for the extended warranty. When we had problems with the Samsung dishwasher Sears wouldn't honor the warranty because a previous technician (under contract with Samsung) had replaced the door, and along with it the sticker with the model number. I cancelled not only that extended warranty with Sears, but the extended warranty on all of the appliances and got a full refund. Also got a full refund from Samsung for the dishwasher.

I have a 4-ft Craftsman level. If I take it in to be replaced the replacement they offer is a piece of crap. Nothing like the original that was purchased many decades ago.

Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
05-26-2016 09:51 AM
GrammaBear Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Air Fit P10
Humidifier: ResMed H5i heated humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 12.2 - 16.2
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Type 1 diabetes - using Tandem T-slim insulin pump, Dexcom G4 CGM

Sex: Female

My husband and I bought a matched washer/dryer combination from Sears last Fall. Then the store where we bought the appliances up and went out of business. After several weeks, the dryer needed servicing because of a motor issue. We called for service under the warranty only to be told that since the store was no longer in existence, the warranty was null and void. I sort of argued with them but their answer still was 'No'. We called an independent appliance repair service and that guy said the Sears 'name' is not what it used to be. I guess I would have to agree with him.
05-26-2016 11:25 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
Crimson Nape Offline

Monitors

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Other
Mask Make & Model: P-10 / F&P Simplus / DreamWear
Humidifier: H5i w/Climateline
CPAP Pressure: 8 - EPR 3

Other Comments: CMS-50F & 50IW

Several years ago my wife and I bought a washer and dryer from Sears. We paid extra for them to install and connect them. When the units were delivered we were told that they couldn't connect them and left. We never got our install fee back. To this day I still harbor animosity against this company. . . I can feel my BP going up as I write this.

Statistics prove that people who have more birthdays live longer.
05-26-2016 11:37 AM
AlanE Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: P10 & Mirage Liberty backup
Humidifier: Built-in
CPAP Pressure: 10-14

Other Comments: ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

"goosfraba"

I stopped buying Sears when their tools were coming from China.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie
05-26-2016 03:53 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
0rangebear Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed AirSence 10
Mask Type: Other
Mask Make & Model: Amara View
Humidifier: HumidAire (Built-in)
CPAP Pressure: APAP 12.8-15 EPR 3 (cmH2O)

Other Comments: Ramp off

(05-26-2016 09:30 AM)justMongo Wrote:  I'll never buy anything from Sears again.

I made the same decision in 2006. We were given a Kenmore washer and dryer in 1972 for a wedding present that lasted until 2002. The dryer died, the washer still ran well, but my bride a new matching set with all the bells and whistles. So we went to Sears. We bought the top of the line and the dryer broke in 8 months. After 3 months and 3 repair visits they gave us a replacement under the warrantee. in the next month the Washer broke.......etc. etc. They were both Junk built in some third world country with the Sears label slapped on them.
05-26-2016 04:44 PM
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

(05-26-2016 03:53 PM)AlanE Wrote:  I stopped buying Sears when their tools were coming from China.

If you can find some of the small-town Ace Hardware stores, a few of them have new "old stock", Made-in-USA Craftsmen hand tools in stock - kind of have to shop around though and be a bit lucky.

A while back I scored a 200+ piece mechanic's tool set that had been back behind some boxes in a local Ace Hardware's storage room for several years. No one had bought it because the box was all bent and broken... but I noticed everything was USA-made and it had a label that wouldn't scan at the register, but the owner sold it to me for the same price as a similar set that came from China.

The China-made Craftsmen hand tools are a crap-shoot, with a lot of it made from very poor quality pot-metal type steel. I took one larger combination wrench in the store and showed the clerk how I could bend the wrench with my bare hands... he was flabbergasted.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

05-26-2016 10:41 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
DeepBreathing Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: Resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: EPAP: 9 - 15 PS: 3 - 10

Other Comments:

Quote:I could bend the wrench with my bare hands...

So, now we know your true identity.....

[Image: latest?cb=20100916050454]

DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

05-27-2016 12:44 AM
AlanE Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: P10 & Mirage Liberty backup
Humidifier: Built-in
CPAP Pressure: 10-14

Other Comments: ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

SuperSleeper

[Image: ss.jpg]

Dielaughing

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie
05-27-2016 11:48 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
Homerec130 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Philips/Resperonics BiPAP auto SV Advanced System One (950P)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Quatro FX
Humidifier: Philips Respironics System 1
CPAP Pressure: 6-16

Other Comments: But it is a dry heat.

There Craftsman line has gone downhill. Back in the 70s when I was in college, I took a long bladed screwdriver in because the shaft got bent. The guy in the store got me a new one and asked, out of curiosity, how did it happen. I told him it involved a shipping crate and a section of pipe. He just shook his head and said enjoy the new screwdriver.

I can get better tools at Lowes now than at Sears and they last longer. Luckily, most of my Craftsman tools are older and made in the US.

I did see a couple of articles that Sears is looking at selling off the Kenmore, Craftsman, and DieHard lines.

Homer
05-29-2016 04:33 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [How to] How to Avoid Installing Junk Programs When Downloading Free Software SuperSleeper 2 1,292 01-18-2014 01:20 PM
Last Post: ChadIAm