Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Seasonal changes ??
Seasonal changes ??
Is there such a thing as 'seasonal' changes in cpap therapy? While my ahi numbers aren't terrible, they seem to be getting higher than usual. I was just curious if others have to make adjustments to your machine when the weather gets lots colder?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Seasonal changes ??
(10-05-2014, 03:08 PM)GrammaBear Wrote: I was just curious if others have to make adjustments to your machine when the weather gets lots colder?
I don't make changes to pressure settings, just turn up the humidifier
Cold air seem stuff up my nose and that in turn can affect my AHI numbers

Beside AHI, have you noticed any changes to leak and pressure numbers?

Post Reply Post Reply
Same here. I raise the temp a bit for comfort.

It isn't so much 'seasonal' changes (IMO), as it is humidity changes, possible colds, stuffiness in the head, etc...

The big question is, how are you sleeping? Better? Worse? The same? We can chase numbers all we want, but it boils down to is the therapy working for you, and the best gauge is simply how do you feel when you awaken?
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
Lately I've felt more tired than usual, even falling asleep when I watch television in the evening. The leaks are better since I've tried the larger pillows with the AirFit P10. The pressure seems to stay fairly steady between 13 - 15 and the pressure limit is set at 18.

I think tonight I will increase the temperature and the humidity and see if that helps. Thanks much for your help. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I find I only have to bump up the humidifier a little. I don't really need it during our monsoon season as the humidity is us. I also change the filters more often as we have a tendency to open the doors and windows and let the cooler air in.

Homer
Post Reply Post Reply
There are so many things that go into a good night's sleep and using the CPAP is just one of them.

If you are getting sleepy during the day but the AHI is changing just 1 or maybe 2 pts, then it could very well be related to something else. Take a look at what has changed (besides the calendar). Have you turned on the heat? Turned off the AC? Started a new medication or stopped one or changed the dose of one? Are you getting as much sunlight as you did before?

I'm going to be getting a light for my desk and putting one of those full spectrum bulbs in it. I tend to get more depressed in the fall and winter due to the change in light patterns. I sleep longer yet want to nap in the afternoon.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet vs. Dreamstation for Bad Seasonal Allergies? dreamstream 4 1,607 02-25-2019, 07:36 AM
Last Post: Fats Drywaller
  Has anyone has seasonal apneas?? racprops 3 2,691 05-17-2013, 04:09 PM
Last Post: zonk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.