Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Second night with my new AVAPS machine
Second night with my new AVAPS machine
I got a call from the Ventilator Pool (Gov't org) yesterday to walk me through my new AVAPS machine. The technician just wanted to go over the machine and suggested a few setting changes from what the hospital had set. I had used it the night before, as I only got it recently.

I was not sleeping at all with my AC10, no idea why, I think it's all the Silicone on my face, F30i, the mask tightness to stop the leaks and partly in my head. I used the new machine about 13 hours Saturday, but probably only slept 10 of those hours. My AHI was only 0.17 the first night, whereas it was getting up to 8 some nights with the AC10. It was a leaky night though once I started moving around. 

I put a new cushion on my F30i last night, but the leaks were horrible. If I tighten my mask too much, it feels like I can't breathe though my nose, as the nose cushion seems to deform. The sleep technician said she has heard of this before. This is odd because I used to be able to get the leaks near zero with my F30i and pass out right away. I think my head is changing shape.  Too-funny Even with the horrible leaks, my AHI was only 1.44, but the Leak Alarm kept going off. I'll be killing that thing. I do notice the mask pulsating on my face (insert joke here) due to the higher pressure and because not all of the air is getting into my nose.  I'm surprised this is not keeping me awake.

I have some mask work to do obviously, maybe I'll try my Evora again or go with the P30I, leaks be damned, as my AHI seem OK.

OSCAR data below for completeness.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,531 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  [CPAP] First Night with Machine & Some Questions JoshM6535 4 580 07-13-2023, 02:12 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 874 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before Phil487 5 923 06-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,872 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,346 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Looks like I am turning my machine on and off all night piratekitty 16 1,636 12-02-2021, 02:59 PM
Last Post: piratekitty

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.