Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Second try: Anyone able to help interpret my results?
Second try: Anyone able to help interpret my results?
Hello again: Sorry for my last posting (which I was not able to edit or delete). Would love to know more about my graphs and whether I am helping out my condition.
But I keep getting this error:
Please correct the following errors before continuing:
You cannot post clickable links to this forum threads and posts. Minimum post count is 8 posts. But your post count is just 1 posts.
You are not allowed to post images in this forum.
Harvey

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Second try: Anyone able to help interpret my results?
G'day Harvey. The forum requires you to have a certain number of posts before you're allowed to post links or pictures. This is to avoid spambots and similar nasties. Just participate in the forums and as you get more posts up you'll be able to do more things.

In the meantime, does your machine have a data screen? If so, let us know the readings from the screen - that would be a start.
Post Reply Post Reply
Harvey, until you get up past 8 posts, you can still post images as attachments, just can't link to anything until you've made 8 posts.

Here's the directions on how to post attachments, such as image files:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ttachments

Even brand new members can attach files, no problem.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your prompt replies.
My machine tells me:
Hours: 8hrs over 7 days and 7.4 over last 30 days
Large leaks:0
Periodic breathing: 4%, 2% over 7 days and 2% over last 30.
AHI: 5.2 last night, 4.3 over last 7 and 6 over lads 30 days
90% pressure: 14% last night, 13.7 over last 7 and 12.6 over last month.

I am going to attach my sleepyhead charts as well. Any analysis is appreciated.

Post Reply Post Reply
Harvey, sorry for the wrong information re attaching pictures and thanks SS for the correction.

Looking at your numbers I think you're off to a pretty good start. The target AHI is 5 or below, so you're close if not consistently there. Zero leaks is obviously very good and getting 7 to 8 hours a night is excellent for somebody new to CPAP.

Your pressures are fairly high, which might be causing a high percentage of central apneas. Centrals occur when your brain "forgets" to tell your lungs it's time to take a breath. Did your initial sleep study show up a lot of centrals? If so, you might need to look at an ASV type machine. If not, then it's likely the centrals you're seeing now are a result of the therapy and will hopefully resolve themselves over time.

It would help us if we knew what specific machine you have. Have alook at the label on the bottom for the model number - it should be something like 460 or 560. (Make sure you remove the water tank before turning the machine over!!).

Best wishes
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-07-2014, 08:09 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote: Zero leaks is obviously very good and getting 7 to 8 hours a night is excellent for somebody new to CPAP.
op uses prs1 machine, different leak language. zero large leak means the machine spent no % of time in large leak but there was some leak but not large enough to affect the accuracy of the data. for the whole picture, you need to look at the daily graphs, not just the overview
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-07-2014, 10:49 AM)harvdog Wrote: 90% pressure: 14% last night, 13.7 over last 7 and 12.6 over last month.

Hello harvdog and welcome to the forum. As others have indicated you're off to a good start. Lots of stuff about your data looks good, but what's even better is your ability to tolerate the therapy and stick with it. Congratulations. You've cleared the first and most important hurdle because the machine won't work if you don't use it. Big Grin

Which Philips Respironics machine do you have? In your profile you say your CPAP pressure is 8, but you say your 90% pressure was 14 last night, so that means you have a machine that's set to a range of pressures.

Do you know what your AHI was during your sleep study?

One of the things you really need to do is look at the leak graphs in SleepyHead and see how much time you're spending in large leak. Getting a good-fitting and comfortable mask is the second hurdle.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-07-2014, 10:49 AM)harvdog Wrote: Thanks for your prompt replies.
My machine tells me:
Hours: 8hrs over 7 days and 7.4 over last 30 days
Large leaks:0
What does SleepyHead say about your leaks? The Large Leak data on your System One's screen simply says that "no official Large Leaks" have been detected. That's fine as far as it goes, but the leak data in Sleepy Head is useful to find out whether you are close to hitting large leaks a lot of the time or not.

Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Paul,

My machine is a 560p. I am attaching a daily graph for your perusal.(NOI'm not . . . . reached my allotted 200KB . . . . . good grief!) I know nothing about central apneas . . . . actually all I have been told from the sleep clinic or my doctor is that I tested out at 70 apneas per hour on average. . . . . so to me 7 looks amazing.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-08-2014, 01:29 PM)harvdog Wrote: My machine is a 560p. I am attaching a daily graph for your perusal.(NOI'm not . . . . reached my allotted 200KB . . . . . good grief!)

You can post it by hosting it on another site. Instructions are here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...0#pid64060

After your post count gets higher you'll be able to attach files again. (It's part spam prevention and part cost containment, we're a volunteer organization and depend on member support to exist.)

Quote:I know nothing about central apneas . . . . actually all I have been told from the sleep clinic or my doctor is that I tested out at 70 apneas per hour on average. . . . . so to me 7 looks amazing.

Central apneas occur when you stop breathing, not because your airway has collapsed, but because your brain has forgotten to tell your lungs to breathe. If this had happened to you during your sleep study they would have explained it to you, so it probably didn't.

Now, when you get home and hook yourself up to a CPAP machine you can start having them, but usually they're just part of the adjustment and they go away on their own. Nothing to worry about now.

I agree that going from a AHI of 70 to 7 is grand. Party time!

And as you adapt it'll likely drop even more.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 528 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 129 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 178 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 154 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 127 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,176 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Help interpreting Oscar results stanley61 10 465 03-03-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: stanley61

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.