Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Seeing more UA and CA - due to being sick or AFIB med?
RE: Seeing more UA and CA - due to being sick or AFIB med?
The snore graph is always empty. Is there a reason the data is not there? Where are you seeing snores? What do snores look like? 

Last night AHI up, and had a weird UA cluster at the end. I think it may be due to me adjusting mask several times, so maybe this is all artifacts and not real UA's? Why does Leak Rate go down to zero after every UA?

I had some weird crazy flow rates and breathing again it seems. Unless I'm interpreting these charts wrong. Not sure if I should bring it to my sleep doctor attention, because he would say all is good with that low of an AHI.

[Image: fQ8QI0x.png][Image: t7ytmFf.png]
[Image: C2NMCI0.png][Image: r53WPCY.png]
ResMed AirCurve 10 vAuto
Pressure EPAP min 4.4, IPAP 8.4, IPAP Max 18, PS 4.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Seeing more UA and CA - due to being sick or AFIB med?
You don't have very prominent snores, but there are some flow limits with a jagged top.
A snore can sometimes be seen in the flow rate chart. The signature is a flat-topped inspiration with a jagged top that looks like Bart Simpson's head.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4665]

Or as discussed in the Beginner's Guide to Sleepyhead Wiki, it is in the third row.

[Image: Flow_limitation_images_zpsdb148d1f.jpg]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
still leaking
I tried using RemZzz's mask liner to help with leaking. I didn't notice any leaking through mask, yet the machine is still leaking somewhere. This is a loaner machine, and I looked everywhere and cant feel any leaks. But it must be in the mask somewhere, because when I'm awake, the leak stops. It only starts leaking when I fall asleep.

My secondary health issue is still happening...
Whenever I do wake up in middle of night, and move around just a bit, my HR increases to 100+.
This happens, even if I just move my feet a bit and stretch them. Cardiologist hasn't been able to figure it out. Same thing happens when I sit up in bed in the morning. HR goes from 60 to 100+ for a minute. Then back down to 60.

I'm supposed to be getting an Implantable Look Recorder (ILR) this week, but I doubt that is going to show anything since I'm still in rhythm when this occurs. I've been checked for POTS and had all types of cardiac tests from two Cardiologists and they still cant find out why my HR goes wacky after laying down for awhile and then wake up and move a bit.

This happened when i slept in my recliner one night. I'd wake up in middle of night, reposition myself a bit or move my legs, and HR shoots up to 100+.

I also keep seeing deep breaths taken at night. See the last photo.

[Image: geYbL6J.png]
[Image: O5x87TQ.png]
ResMed AirCurve 10 vAuto

Post Reply Post Reply
Question 
Why BIPAP working better at low pressures then APAP?
Another good night with the BIPAP loaner. I just don't understand how this BIPAP is so different from my APAP. The BIBPAP is not using any higher pressure then the APAP, and sometimes it stays at a lower pressure much more frequently. Yet I have less obstructions with the BIPAP.

See how the Pressure only has a slight curve and remains fairly level at lower pressures?

I just wish I could figure out what all those spikes are on my flow rate graph. See second screenshot. Deep breaths or a minor snore?

[Image: e8ROfTZ.png]

[Image: 765zQeR.png]
ResMed AirCurve 10 vAuto

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,637 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz
  Was sick for a while and didn't use my PAP machine for about two weeks. Now I find my JonZ333 1 359 01-16-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Sick and need to vent cps22 8 593 01-05-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: cps22
  [Health] AFIB, APNEA, GERD, IPF bjnor 5 526 04-14-2023, 10:41 PM
Last Post: bjnor
  Cpap made me sick? koy23 5 945 12-21-2021, 03:08 PM
Last Post: koy23
  Sleep apnea and afib Respir8 22 2,955 05-13-2021, 07:44 AM
Last Post: kappa
Gross CPAP Made me well - sick. Asthma.Acne.Etc. dbw45 11 2,051 02-10-2020, 10:15 AM
Last Post: booksfan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.