Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Seeking advice on SH screenshot
RE: Seeking advice on SH screenshot
Hi Frank,

Regarding
"Any thoughts on further adjustments would be seriously appreciated. I am probably going to try lowering the MIN pressure a little to see if I can get the CA's down a little."

Your number of CA is fine, not a problem.

You don't want to decrease the Min Pressure, not as long as your pressure needs are so high. Presently your main problem is the obstructive stuff.

If anything, the Min Pressure could be raised a little, but not until after you have found a way to decrease the tightness of your mask, so it's not painful.

However, Obstructive Sleep Apnea is usually highly positional, and flat on our back is usually the worst position, requiring the highest pressure to treat. If you can take precautions which would prevent your ability to roll onto your back, your pressure needs might be greatly reduced.

Take care,
--- Vaughn

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
"TiControl’s Ti Max and Ti Min parameters play a significant role in maximizing synchronization by
effectively intervening to limit or prolong the inspiratory time when required. This ensures
synchronization even in the presence of significant mouth and/or mask leak."

The way I read this and use it, is that Ti Min will not drop the inhale pressure until after this amount of time no matter what the patient is doing ie "prolong the inspiratory time when required" it tries to keep you inhaling. I know for a fact that Ti Max will cut off the inhale after the time set as this is exactly what it was doing to my very slow inhales-quite disturbing if not "needed"
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-04-2016, 01:43 PM)green wings Wrote: Hi, Frank. Amazing job on getting rid of the REM "cluster bomb" OAs! Mine are better, but not gone. I guess I'll have to stop saying "but they're not as bad as Frank's."

You're not using any EPR at all? Wow, that's amazing. It feels comfortable? Did you try using EPR and get bad results?

Thanks, I tried EPR and didn't feel it made me more comfortable. In fact, the only time the pressure bothers me is when I try to use the P10 instead, and then it is only a couple minutes before I am used to it. I guess I am one of the "lucky" ones that the pressure doesn't bother, in fact sometimes I wake up and I am not sure it is on unless I inflate my cheeks or raise the mask a little to get a leak.
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
Vsheline,

Thank you so much for your insightful comments on my screenshots. You have given me a lot to think about.

Frank
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
As Vsheline has pointed out, zero crossing in the flow waveform is way the machine counts BPMs.
That fine structure in the flow waveform is crossing zero, and the machine is scoring a breath.
Looks like there are from 3 to 5 zero crossings between where Frank makes a big exhale.
And, the big exhales are space at about 4 seconds (or 15 BPM).

I'd show those graphs to my doc... They are unusual.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Frank,

The zoomed-in periods show you are gurgling at a rate a little higher than 1 Hz. I suppose this may be too slow to be counted as snoring.

This is obstructive stuff.

I think a different sleep position or neck/head position could avoid it.

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-04-2016, 02:35 PM)PoolQ Wrote: "TiControl’s Ti Max and Ti Min parameters play a significant role in maximizing synchronization by
effectively intervening to limit or prolong the inspiratory time when required. This ensures
synchronization even in the presence of significant mouth and/or mask leak."

The way I read this and use it, is that Ti Min will not drop the inhale pressure until after this amount of time no matter what the patient is doing ie "prolong the inspiratory time when required" it tries to keep you inhaling. I know for a fact that Ti Max will cut off the inhale after the time set as this is exactly what it was doing to my very slow inhales-quite disturbing if not "needed"

That makes sense.
Post Reply Post Reply
The larger the mask the more pressure on the straps. Can you use a smaller mask size or type?

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 44 1,837 11 hours ago
Last Post: akarifur
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 305 Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 181 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 874 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 145 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 79 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  Eagerly seeking ancient CPAP part ! Visualist 3 302 03-12-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Visualist

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.