Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Seeking advice on purchase of Resmed S10 Autoset
Seeking advice on purchase of Resmed S10 Autoset
Greetings All,
I'd like to upgrade my old S8 to a ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset with humidifier, heated tube and mask.

If I do a rent-to own scheme through with my local DME company this will cost me ~$1850 out of pocket but will count towards my $3k deductible. (I have a high deductible health care plan).

If I buy it outright with the same company, it will cost ~$1050 but will not count towards my deductible. My insurance company (United) will not let me buy it outright, and then count that towards the deductible (grrrrr).

Obviously, it's the start of the year and there's a large degree of uncertainty about how much health care I'll need this year. I'm not really expecting anything, so it's not an obvious choice. If I don't need much, I'm better off buying outright. If I do need significant stuff, then I'd be better using the rent-to-own scheme. 

I'm leaning towards just buying it outright myself. Is that price reasonable? I think I can maybe save a little online, but unless it's a significant amount I'm inclined to buy local so that I can play around with different masks. I don't reckon I need the DME company's support with setting up the machine etc.

What are your thoughts?  Any general advice is appreciated.

Thanks
Doug
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Seeking advice on purchase of Resmed S10 Autoset
Edit, PM sent, if the promotion of low cost new machines becomes too much the manufactures will step in.
The cms50f has doubled in price on ebay, it is cheaper to buy local now,
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Seeking advice on purchase of Resmed S10 Autoset
Do some shopping around online where you will find outright purchase machines far cheaper. eg Supplier #1 has the exact same machine for US$883 and no doubt you will find some for the same or lower prices. The suppliers on our list are - of course - not guaranteed or endorsed by us but they are (as far as we know) all properly accredited sellers.

I suspect Ajack is referring to the big online emporium where you can get it even cheaper.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 164 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 14 250 Yesterday, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  Just Diagnosed - Advice Required on What to Purchase Dazkd1969 0 53 Yesterday, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Dazkd1969
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 342 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 853 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,783 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 105 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.