Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Seeking confirmation if settings are correct
RE: Seeking confirmation if settings are correct
(09-10-2020, 07:24 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: The results actually look pretty good for this. The flow limits are less than half, and there are improvements in respiratory volume, and the OA and RERA are gone. The few CA and H events should not be a cause for concern and will likely diminish as you become more accustomed to the increased respiratory flow.  The event at 21:32:55 shows a sigh or larger breath ahead of the pause in breathing, and respiration appears a bit flow-limited as it resumes. The pause at 00:26:20 shows some flow limit coming into the event with a recovery breath or larger volume, and again respiration resumes normally.  Both events are minimal duration and probably occur because respiratory needs were met by the larger preceding breath, and respiration resumes with normal rate and volume (no recovery breathing).  That is a long way of saying, nothing to worry about.  The more important metric here, is was this use of EPR more comfortable, and did it result in improved sleep?

Sleeprider, I did find it a bit more comfortable and will continue for a few days to see where this goes.

Thank you for your input as well to the others on this thread.

I will update in the next day or two.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well last night went great aside from the one eye open and shuffling to the washroom the results were remarkable.  Only 2 CAs and one OA reported.  The OA occurred when I was laying on my back which is not my normal position, sleeping on my side is.  At the point when the OA was occurring I was semi-awake and felt the machine pulsing the air and figured it was it's treating the apnea. 

Overall, I personally think we hit the target unless there is something that I am missing.

Post Reply Post Reply
Looks great, now iT is all about how you feel...
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks great and it sounds like you are more comfortable. Pressure is moving in a relatively small range mostly between 9 and 11 cm with EPR at 2, the EPAP pressure are only 7-9. Sleep looks to be undisrupted and this looks like optimized therapy. Looks like a win!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-11-2020, 08:22 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Looks great and it sounds like you are more comfortable. Pressure is moving in a relatively small range mostly between 9 and 11 cm with EPR at 2, the EPAP pressure are only 7-9.  Sleep looks to be undisrupted and this looks like optimized therapy.  Looks like a win!

Sleeprider, Sleep is better and yes it's more comfortable, at this point if it's not broken don't fix it.  Again thank you to everyone who assisted by giving advice and encouragement.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's been a while and all seems to be going well.  Thought I'd post another screen shot of my OSCAR results for all to see and if there is any suggestions if needed I'm all ears.

Post Reply Post Reply
I might push EPR to 3 and turn off ramp. Otherwise looks good.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-12-2020, 09:18 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I might push EPR to 3 and turn off ramp. Otherwise looks good.

Tks Sleeprider, will do that and give it a try.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=28206 Wrote:elwoodpdowd pid='373519' dateline='1605235296']
(11-12-2020, 09:18 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I might push EPR to 3 and turn off ramp. Otherwise looks good.

Tks Sleeprider, will do that and give it a try.

Sorry for not getting back to post an update but here it is.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Elwood. The increase in EPR slightly decreased flow limits and your results look very good. Assuming this is comfortable, I assume you may keep these settings. The use of EPR at 3, decreased your 95% pressure. I think you may be able to stabilize pressure by using a minimum of 9.0 instead of 8.0. This will result in your pressure moving in about a 3-cm range and may be a bit less disruptive, however it looks like you're doing great.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Eagerly seeking ancient CPAP part ! Visualist 3 301 03-12-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Visualist
  21 nights in, seeking advice smmille1 3 216 03-10-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: smmille1
  Brain Fog - seeking guidance in optimizing my therapy deocder 42 5,381 02-20-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: deocder
  [Equipment] Seeking advice for reset of time zone richapple 0 196 02-03-2024, 11:43 AM
Last Post: richapple
Question Seeking Advice/Help reddie 6 393 01-24-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Hank68 Treatment Thread - Seeking Help and Support Please! Hank68 20 1,100 01-07-2024, 01:11 PM
Last Post: Hank68
  Another newbie seeking help tkblizard 6 558 01-05-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.