Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Seeking some info : iBreeze 20A (resvent)
Seeking some info : iBreeze 20A (resvent)
Hi!

I am new to the board, and new to CPAP therapy in general (recently diagnosed with severe sleep apnea, with my AHI at 39 and my o2 dropping to around 68% during the night
without using my cpap). 

I did a home sleep study, and was diagnosed, and given the option of some machines, and eventually got one that seemed decent at the time of buying.

It has been about 8 weeks since I started therapy, and it has not been as bad as I expected, and my fiance has supported me very well during the entire process so far.

What I wanted to know was, does anyone have any experience with these machines, and is there any software available (the site states that the machine has software for 
mobile and for pc) other than that which is mentioned in the documents? The machine does use a memory card, so i believe the data is recoverable, and possibly usable.

If there is no support for the machine, is there a way for me to contribute and perhaps start supporting this device, since I am a programmer as my day time occupation?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Seeking some info : iBreeze 20A (resvent)
Hi Niekz, welcome to Apnea Board. I think you should do your best to obtain the manufacturer's software, both because it's unlikely that SleepyHead currently supports the iBreeze, and because it will be needed to validate any SleepyHead support that may be created.
Most manufacturers use variations of the edf files - but don't document the variations. There are readers for edf files which can be found by Googling, but the main tool for parsing files has been Hexinator. JediMark has written several grammars and described the difficulties he encountered in his Discord developers server. (I don't have the invitation link handy...someone will)
I would be interested in seeing at least the file listings of the iBreeze data card, although I'm not versed in using Hexinator to look at the actual data.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-19-2018, 07:58 AM)pholynyk Wrote: I would be interested in seeing at least the file listings of the iBreeze data card, although I'm not versed in using Hexinator to look at the actual data.

Since the Chinese made SmartMed iBreeze/Moyeah XPAP machines are so clearly derivative of the ResMed machines (with a bit of Respironics influence) I'm curious to learn just how much of a copy they are, and if they use almost the exact same data format. (It would be unsurprising if they reverse engineered the ResMed APAP and BPAP algorithms rather than developing their own.)

Moyeah has a free download of their patient management software that may work with the iBreeze data (the SmartMed iBreeze seems to be a cosmetic variant of the Moyeah, and Apneaboard poster "SmartMed" confirms they are made by the same company.)

I'm not sure if the forum rules allow a direct link to their download page because they also have direct sales at that site. You can Google "Moyeah Care sleeping patient management software" in quotes to find the software.
Post Reply Post Reply
Stom,
You could try #SleepyHead and see if it does read your data.  The worst thing that can happen is it won't.  One point of caution. They could have based your CPAP's software off of the older Resmed S9 machine.  For this reason, before inserting the card in your computer, enable the write protect tab.

Please keep us informed.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] New User w/ ResVent iBreeze 20A rstark13 5 130 03-26-2024, 09:41 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 133 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  Help interpreting iMatrix resvent Data Adamby1047 0 98 03-16-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Adamby1047
  Eagerly seeking ancient CPAP part ! Visualist 3 301 03-12-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Visualist
  21 nights in, seeking advice smmille1 3 211 03-10-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: smmille1
  I got a ResVent 30STA Bilevel TechieHippie 5 170 03-09-2024, 01:36 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Brain Fog - seeking guidance in optimizing my therapy deocder 42 5,377 02-20-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: deocder

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.