Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Seeking veteran to review my sleep "scheme" and tell me what I might be missing
RE: Seeking veteran to review my sleep "scheme" and tell me what I might be missing
@SarcasticDave94, just bumping this so you will see I have added the OSCAR data and sleep study info. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Seeking veteran to review my sleep "scheme" and tell me what I might be missing
To the OP: could you post a screenshot of your Oscar chart and a scan of your sleep study? A fair number of people would prefer not to click on this kind of link.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would, but they exceed the max # of files.

Link is just a Dropbox folder, commonly used for sharing.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can always use an image hosting service, like imgur, and post a link to the images.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Every couple of years I end up in a situation where my ability to go and stay asleep is compromised. I can fix this by taking sleep medication (in this case temazepam) for a maximum of three nights and then stop. Like others have noted, during the day I feel like you do when you have a nights sleep without PAP - it's like you've been run over by a very large bus and it's a side effect of the sleeping meds.
Post Reply Post Reply

.pdf   night-owl-Oscar-and-sleep-study.pdf (Size: 666.78 KB / Downloads: 5)

Sorry, folks, I should have thought to merge some documents. Here they are, attached.
Post Reply Post Reply
The chart within the top of the download file had 8 Plus hours of sleep with 1 Obstructive Apnea, 2 Hypopnea, 7 Centrals. But this looks like an OSCAR shot minus left panel. I didn't see a diagnostic test result, just some OSCAR summary and charts, then a titration and nap tests. Your Titration data showed a few RERA and about 8 Hypopnea when in APAP mode and 8-13 pressure.

Your OSCAR shot showing on your thread only had left panel info, which by itself seemed ok. It would be better to take OSCAR shots including left panel and the charts together to give a full picture of what's going on.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah everything in that titration study looks good. No significant apnea, hypopnea, RERA's, leg movements or even spontaneous arousals and you even appear to have slept decent considering the weird location etc.

Your OSCAR daily chart example looks really good. Overview looks good too and only thing I could really nitpick is the odd night with short usage and that average might be a little less than ideal (looks ~ 7 hrs compared to 8).

Imo your sleep disordered breathing is well treated and not the issue. Only sleep issue I can think of being an issue is insomnia which I can only recommend trying some different sleep aids as it sounds like you already have the sleep hygiene side down pat.

Out of personal curiosity do you have any digestive symptoms (IBS, bloating, reflux, constipation, diarrhea etc) or nasal congestion?
Post Reply Post Reply
@All, 
I have added the OSCAR chart with additional info in left panel.

Regarding other question, yes, I do have G.I. issues--IBS.

Post Reply Post Reply
I would try treating your "IBS", it made a huge difference for me.

Most of my "IBS" was due to a dairy intolerance and SIBO. Removing dairy from my diet helped digestive symptoms, reflux, nasal congestion, geographic tongue, insomnia, anxiety and I believe my apnea along with a number of other symptoms I was having.

Food elimination diets are the best tool for investigating digestion issues. Remove certain foods for 6-8 weeks (or can be less if symptoms subside) and then try slowly reintroducing to see if symptoms come back. Foods to target are common allergens (dairy, wheat, soy etc) which can be done individually or on a whole (which is like Paleo diet). Another common diet is low fodmap diet which helps lactose and fructose intolerances and also helps if SIBO is present. Goal is always to reintroduce removed foods unless you realize they are behind symptoms.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 184 04-15-2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: goodfella7763
  Just getting started, looking for an OSCAR data review mattcole3 3 112 04-12-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Oscar review please SleepyJeff 1 172 04-04-2024, 06:33 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 113 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 224 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Eagerly seeking ancient CPAP part ! Visualist 3 343 03-12-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Visualist
  21 nights in, seeking advice smmille1 3 267 03-10-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: smmille1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.