Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Seeking veteran to review my sleep "scheme" and tell me what I might be missing
RE: Seeking veteran to review my sleep "scheme" and tell me what I might be missing
Thank you,@geer1. The IBS is chronic, and I have been quite assertively treating it. I'm sure it doesn't help with sleep, but my sense is that my issue relates to something else.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Seeking veteran to review my sleep "scheme" and tell me what I might be missing
Have you tried elimination diets like the ones I mentioned? Imo they are the only way to diagnose a lot of digestive isses.

My IBS was chronic as well, looking back I know I had symptoms most of my life (3+ decades). It was only 2 years ago I realized that a lot of them were caused by dairy. Crazy how these sensitivities can go unnoticed for decades, in my case it was because the symptoms aren't immediate (like say an allergy). It also explains why a decade ago travelling through south east asia I felt good and was in the best shape of my life (they barely eat dairy).

I can't help by wonder if decades of eating dairy most of my life messed up my gut/body in some way. Removing it improved symptoms significantly but I am still left with some that you could say are similar to mild chronic fatigue syndrome (maybe what it is).

Edit: Also on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being ideal my sleep went from a 4 to a 7 after removal of dairy from my diet including insomnia that pretty much disappeared. Anxiety improved significantly which I believe was due to getting better sleep. TMJ caused by sleep bruxism improved significantly. I believe my apnea was also "fixed" which is supported by sleep studies. In short, my opinion is don't write off the effects your digestive system can have on sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [CPAP] Intense Fatigue - Seeking Advice: CPAP Data Analysis PerplexedTom 5 152 10 hours ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question INTUS Sleep results, mild sleep apnea or UARS? Chimken 1 72 Yesterday, 02:03 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 207 04-15-2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: goodfella7763
  Just getting started, looking for an OSCAR data review mattcole3 3 133 04-12-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Oscar review please SleepyJeff 1 178 04-04-2024, 06:33 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 126 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 230 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.