Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Seem to be moving backward
RE: Seem to be moving backward
(11-30-2016, 08:26 AM)Saskie Wrote: Settled back in on Tuesday night. After a couple of nights higher, it seems to have settled into the sub 3 numbers again.

Day-to-day data is not that meaningful. For example, there's no clinically significant difference between an AHI of zero and five.

It's easy for us to fall into that trap, as humans, of feeling better about an AHI that's below, say, three. I do it all the time even though I know better. Wink

I looked at the screen shots you posted. I would be able to see more if you followed these guidelines for posting SleepyHead screen shots.

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your current image is fine by me, but could be better if organized as shown in my signature link and Sleepster's post. It shows very acceptable results, and I think most of the problem at this point is just related to the frequent awakenings and breaks in therapy. Most events occur near those breaks, and may not be more than what we call "sleep-wake-junk". Your median and 95% leak rate are good, and showing continued improvement.

You have some more work to do to avoid the behavior of removing the mask at each awakening. This is a learned behavior, and the timing of all your awakenings is very consistent, to the point of being predictable. I suspect you are sleeping better, but as long as you have this fragmentation, you will continue to feel tired from time to time.

[Image: BMbAcoK.png]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-30-2016, 09:28 AM)Sleepster Wrote: Day-to-day data is not that meaningful. For example, there's no clinically significant difference between an AHI of zero and five.

It's easy for us to fall into that trap, as humans, of feeling better about an AHI that's below, say, three. I do it all the time even though I know better. Wink

Thanks, good point. Need to get more patient about this, its going to last a long time.

(11-30-2016, 09:28 AM)Sleepster Wrote: I looked at the screen shots you posted. I would be able to see more if you followed these guidelines for posting SleepyHead screen shots.

(11-30-2016, 09:43 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Your current image is fine by me, but could be better if organized as shown in my signature link and Sleepster's post.

Whoops, scrolled down and forgot to move up again before I did the screen shot. Thanks.

(11-30-2016, 09:43 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: You have some more work to do to avoid the behavior of removing the mask at each awakening. This is a learned behavior, and the timing of all your awakenings is very consistent, to the point of being predictable. I suspect you are sleeping better, but as long as you have this fragmentation, you will continue to feel tired from time to time.
[Image: BMbAcoK.png]

Not just learned but ingrained. Finding it hard to resist the practice of years.
Always grateful for help received. I am a part of all that I have met.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Moving from Dreamstation to Aircurve PartsGuy 9 590 02-22-2024, 10:31 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Moving From RM S9 to Airsense10 -- Great Discomfort hypnos 3 409 11-10-2023, 08:51 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Apnoea when moving between sleep stages? lindylou 2 442 08-11-2023, 12:37 AM
Last Post: lindylou
  [Treatment] Koala1 - Moving to Resmed, aerophagia, please help with optimization koala1 101 7,178 05-27-2023, 03:52 AM
Last Post: koala1
  Moving from BiPAP to CPAP during Travel NotSleeplessInSeattle 3 976 12-10-2022, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  Moving Data Card to New Machine Abletree 2 769 04-20-2022, 01:43 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Mask moving jaw back anomaly32 10 1,935 12-14-2021, 04:29 PM
Last Post: Geer1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.