Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Bipap st not resolving problems
RE: Bipap st not resolving problems
The Aircurve ST will treat CA’s but I would suggest higher pressure support is needed a typical value is a PS of 8 so your settings to maintain the epap of 9 would be an ipap of 17.

I have been issued a Resmed Lumis ST in the UK by the NHS (this is an equivalent machine to your Aircurve and my trust won’t issue an ASV without an individual funding request) I am doing a 30 day trial to see how it treats my periodic breathing, my pressures are 12/4 with a backup rate of 10 it kind of works mostly...

But it is not as comfortable as my personally purchased ASV as the Pressure support is a mostly square wave form I did increase the rise time to reduce the feeling if the blast if air and ps is either on or off, the pressure support is provided at all times even if I don’t need it, sometimes a PS of 8 is insufficient to treat my periodic breathing so my treated AHI has increased from 0.24 with the ASV on a bad night to an AHI of 10on the ST all hypopneas. But I will complete the 30 day trial and then discuss my views and opinions with the sleep nurse (I have yet to see the DR ever, that’s just the way it’s done here) I will be picking op an NHS oximeter next week to see what is happening with the o2 saturation.

Sorry for talking about me but I thought it would be useful information. I will be going back to my Resmed S9 Vpap Adapt after the 30 trial I will then either continue my treatment in that or the NHS will buy me a machine we will see how that goes...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,002 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 250 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 169 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 3 221 02-11-2024, 11:30 PM
Last Post: eok361
  bipap Innisfree 2 421 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Positional Apnea Problems ggibson 13 1,837 11-20-2023, 07:28 AM
Last Post: Jarlo
  CPAP since March 22, still dealing with aerophagia, wakings, and heart rate problems manacles 16 2,563 10-01-2023, 11:16 PM
Last Post: manacles

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.