Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Seems Resmed 10 curve has changed
Seems Resmed 10 curve has changed
Hello
Sleep test showed I had about 60+ ahi's.  Only machine I liked was bipap.  Got a shiny new Resmed 10 Curve about 5 months ago.  From the beginning I had no trouble.  First night 3 ahi, from then on only fractions and quite a few zeros.  About 2 weeks ago as soon as i put on the full face F20 mask, which I've used all along, it seems like I am suffocating.  I actually go into a panic mode and want to tear it off.  Initial breathing is very short choppy breaths, virtually gasping.  After what seems like hours but is really a small number of minutes it would get somewhat bearable but sleep quality turned to terrible.  As time has advanced since the beginning of this sequence it seems it gets worse by the day and finally I simply can't tolerate the experience which I compare to waterboarding. (don't get too impressed, I've never been waterboarded but it's what I think it would be like. I've just seen actual w/b videos).
I realize this progression may well be psychological but it really is troubling down right spooky. I truly miss the previous fantastic results I'd experienced. Any of my comments ring a bell to anyone?

Thank you

Bill in Montana
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Seems Resmed 10 curve has changed
Billmt,
It would be helpful if you could post a couple Screenshots of your data.  

Download the OSCAR software.  Be sure you have an SD card in your machine while sleeping.  

Follow this link (tutorial) to guide you.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Changed to Airsense 11, few CA's Stubert 10 431 03-18-2024, 05:23 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Should I Buy It..Air Curve 10 VAuto WW4B 2 255 02-24-2024, 03:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Felt like I was suffocating last night! Changed too many Clinical Settings at once. JoshuaApneaProblems 3 401 01-17-2024, 05:56 AM
Last Post: Muggzy
  Can high loop gain be changed? NoddingHacker 2 435 01-05-2024, 12:33 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  HELP! Granddaughter changed settings on Dreamstaton jdmedic 3 366 01-02-2024, 09:48 AM
Last Post: jdmedic
  Changed my mother over to APAP Mode: Phaleronic 2 404 12-11-2023, 05:17 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Flow curve shape - what does it say? pezhead99 17 1,354 10-20-2023, 04:38 PM
Last Post: pezhead99

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.