Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Seems like In-lab study is negative for SA, any advice/thoughts on what to do next?
Seems like In-lab study is negative for SA, any advice/thoughts on what to do next?
24M, healthy and active, been having sleep issues for the past 2 years now that have pretty much crippled my life from how tired/fatigued I am all the time.

I have no problem falling asleep, but I wake up usually with a mix of upper back/jaw tightness, and sometimes acid reflux. Whenever I do wake up though (usually after 5-6 hours) its typically physically impossible for me to fall back asleep. I'll lay there in bed with my eyes closed, mind empty, feeling exhausted, but cannot fall back asleep**. The best way I can describe it is that "my mind is able to fall asleep but my body wont let me".** (Note: This started out of nowhere, sometime in early 2021, before then I could sleep 8-9 hours no problem)

I got my deviated septum fix, have taken every sleeping med known to man, tested my thyroid, for lyme disease, autoimmune diseases, and nothing has been out of the ordinary. I even trialed an APAP and then an auto Bipap on my own for 6 months to see if they would be any improvement, but there was not.

I'm still waiting on the official report for my sleep study but I did get the raw data and technician comments already, but unfortunately it seems like this was once again another waste of time and money. Basically the summary seemed to be:

EEG/Sleep Architecture:
-Prolonged Sleep Latency, Prolonged REM latency, All stages of sleep achieved.
-Majority of arousals caused by spontaneous arousals.
Respiratory:
-During diagnostic, patient displayed rare, minor hypopneas.
-Rare, minor centrals seen during REM. Rare, minor flow limitation observed during REM.
-At 2AM, patient had an AHI of 0.2/hr
-Spo2 nadir: 91%
Limb Movements:
-No significant limb movements seen.
EKG Revealed:
-Normal Sinus Rhythm
-Average Heart Rate during sleep: 52.8bpm

Now maybe the official report will provide extra insight, but as of right now it kinda feels like I paid $3000 for someone to explain what I already know...that my sleep is sh*t and I don't know why.

The only thing I'm still trying to pursue is that perhaps my ferritin levels could be the cause of my sleep problems. My ferritin was 40 in December (normal range 38-350 according to Quest), 34 in early January, and I plan on getting tested again next week. I had most of my other vitamin levels check (D, B12, Folate) and everything else was normal. Thyroid normal, the other million things I got test normal. Ferritin is the only thing that sticks out and apparently it can cause sleep issues for people if its under 50-75, so we shall see.

Any thoughts? Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 15 261 18 minutes ago
Last Post: iamJB
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 168 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 227 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 76 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 531 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 856 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,789 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.