Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help reading reported CAs as "true" or "false"
Need help reading reported CAs as "true" or "false"
Would some of the Oscar experts look at some of the zoomed in breaths from my Oscar report last night when the reported AHI was 1.30. The number of "reported CAs" were the predominant events as usual. I'D LIKE TO KNOW if MOST OF THESE ARE FALSE. -- I'm trying to be able to determine the True CAs from the False CAs when they are reported.

Most every night, my AHI is under 3 with my auto-pressure at 13-19. The number of centrals is ALWAYS 2-4 times as frequent as OAs or Hs.
I suspect that MOST CAs being reported are False. (My 2009 in-house sleep study had NO centrals. AHI was 25.2/hr with 0 Centrals & 8 OAs. The Hypopnea count was 195, and my O2 sat dropped to 84.)

It would sure help to get feedback on your opinions on what is True and False with the reported events in these zoomed portions of my Flow Rate last night so that I may improve my reading of Flow Rate events.

Please look at the attachment with 6 pasted zoomed in portions of the Flow Rate graph. Using numbers 1-6 (the 6 graphs, top to bottom), would you give me your opinion of whether the reported events (CAs & OAs) are REAL or FALSE - and the reason you say that.

Thanks so much!

Attached Files
.pdf    1:24:23 OAs & CAs.pdf (Size: 490.52 KB / Downloads: 19)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need help reading reported CAs as "true" or "false"
my take on your breathing halts -

And I missed the 5th and 6th trace, but both have you doing awake breathing, then transitioning to sleep at just after the CA.
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheynes stoke respiration, false flag or accurate? BDGold99 1 103 03-27-2024, 04:09 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 138 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  Real or False CAs? SingingWolf 3 288 03-14-2024, 10:35 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  Help reading OSCAR data JenniferJuniper 20 993 03-08-2024, 02:12 PM
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
  False CA's? rltarbu 3 257 02-12-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  are these centrals or false alarms? AZAwake 4 409 02-02-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: SingingWolf
  Help with reading OSCAR and adjusting settings deirdrepen 2 242 01-24-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: deirdrepen

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.