Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

gas pains from Machine.
gas pains from Machine.
IS THERE anything I can do to stop the gas pains I get from my machine? I am about ready to stop using it because of the gas pain I get. I take gas x all day but still have the pain and gurgling in my lower right side back. Also is there a take-home test for Central? Dr. wants me to have another test but I am reluctant to have one. I have 4 already. I would be willing to have a take-home but reluctant for another lab test.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: gas pains from Machine.
Welcome to the board. To make any real suggestions we need to see data. We use OSCAR for that and it is totally free at the top of the site. You do need to have a SD card in the machine when you sleep to record and download to oscar.. If your machine does not have one you can buy one inexpensive card (2GB to 10GB) from about any where. They are used in cameras also.

About the only way to decrease the gas is to use a lower min rate. You have it set to 12 which is high for many people. You might try 8 and see if that helps. Again, we need to see graphs from oscar to really know..
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I will try your suggestion of lower to 8 but won't it shoot right back up to 12-17 ? I do have some scores on here from years ago but in everything I tried, I could not get rid of the gas or the centrals. I am putting off having another test  I had 4 over the years and am not very comfortable taking it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-31-2023, 09:12 AM)jerry1967 Wrote: I will try your suggestion of lower to 8 but won't it shoot right back up to 12-17 ?

No. If you set the max at 8, it won't go above 8.

I suggest you talk to another doctor to get a second opinion. I've never heard of a sleep study being required to treat aerophagia. What you really need is a machine like the AirCurve 10 VAuto. It will deliver bi-level, auto-adjusted, pressure.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Jerry1967. There is a company that sells a wrist device to detect central apnea's, or so they claim. You can see it here:
[DME Link Removed] See the lofta website.

MODERATOR: Please delete this post if I am not allowed to send this kind of link. Thank you.

-----
Moderator Action: DME Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, links to DME-owned or DME-operated websites and links to pages that sell prescription-required items are prohibited in forum posts.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,159 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Chest Pains. Set pressure? Dolla Bill 13 1,067 08-28-2023, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Dolla Bill
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,791 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [Symptoms] Chest Pains shanbury 0 499 06-28-2022, 07:33 PM
Last Post: shanbury
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,320 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  pressure and lungs pains Gorge 5 819 05-10-2022, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Urgent! Why is my CPAP therapy causing weird stomach pains, bloating, gas and IBS? WWu777 21 4,848 12-07-2020, 12:12 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.