Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sudden Change to AHI After Dreamstation Firmware Upgrade
RE: Sudden Change to AHI After Dreamstation Firmware Upgrade
(12-19-2017, 11:09 AM)RWhipkey Wrote: Update

I did change my pressure range to 8.5 - 12.5 last night.  AHI immediately fell back to .49.  I can't believe that this is just a coincidence.  RERA, however was 1.47, and my prior RERA average had been around .45.  I'm not too concerned about RERA, however, because I don't believe its totally accurate. Even if it was, my RDI would be 1.96, and under 2.00. I'll keep my range at 8.5 - 12.5 for 10 days or so and report back.

Rick

sounds to me like you were at the ragged edge, and another 0.5 cm might close out these issues.  I'm not hearing any discomfort, so "why not?"
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-19-2017, 12:08 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Looking at the instructions for installing the latest firmware the is nothing changed as far as therapy. What has happened is they have installed a password device into the firmware. This is to allow DME's to lock you out from changing settings. So the push is on to stop all you rebels from getting a good nights sleep. Anything to increase the profits and control of DME's.

No way would I do them a favor and download this for them.

Wait, what?! Shock

You mean they want to prevent us from going rogue? Isn't that what so much of this board is built around, self-empowerment? We need a dev that'll write a firmware version that has the option to password protect us from them changing setting on our machines without our informed consent.

And so it begins. In the not too distant future, Skynet will remotely shut down our breathing while we sleep.
 Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
I did increase my minimum pressure to 8.5 and my AHI averaged .77 and RDI averaged 1.40 over 11 days, very close to my 229-day average at 8.0 pressure under v1.05. I further tried 9.0 minimum pressure for the last three nights with an slight increase in AHI and RDI, but with worse perceived sleep quality. So back to 11.5 tonight!  Apparently I needed to increase pressure, but why would a change in firmware require it?

P.S.  Are the Phillip's RDI numbers perceived to be accurate?
Post Reply Post Reply
How you feel counts more than the numbers. It can be a very fine line and I'm rarely tempted to make big changes that make me worse. The timing might have been a coincidence, but I'm following another thread where the firmware update may have affected the ability of Encore to read data on a dreamstation...http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-Current-firmware-for-the-Philips-dreamstation?pid=239402#pid239402

You have already replied there, and I know so little about this, I'm confused. He is talking about version 1.1.4 and you are talking about 1.05. There could easily be a difference in the way different firmware records events, or signal "noise" that might throw off the results. I think the ultimate comparison is what appears on the machine sleep report.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I haven't seen a change and my AHI has been a constant 4.5-5.0 range before and after the update to 1.1.4

My machine is set to Min: 8.5 with Max: 20 in auto mode. Maximum pressure during most evenings will not go past 15.5;
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider

I'm sorry if I confused you with both posts.  I am also talking about 1.14.  The change in AHI occurred when I upgraded from 1.05 to 1.14.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-04-2018, 07:01 PM)SleepyOzzy Wrote: I haven't seen a change and my AHI has been a constant 4.5-5.0 range before and after the update to 1.1.4

My machine is set to Min: 8.5 with Max: 20 in auto mode. Maximum pressure during most evenings will not go past 15.5;

what is your 95% on sleepyhead? If the AHI aren't CA, I would set the min 2cm under that and see how the ahi go. most can normally get better numbers.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-04-2018, 10:02 PM)ajack Wrote: what is your 95% on sleepyhead? If the AHI aren't CA, I would set the min 2cm under that and see how the ahi go. most can normally get better numbers.

Hi ajack, 

Seems my pressure is around 12.3 95% most of the time. So, you're saying try setting to 10 minimum from the 8.5 minimum I have? I'll have to use the ramp feature as 10 is too much pressure to get to sleep. But, once i'm asleep I honestly don't notice the mask or pressure Big Grin

The last time you used your Philips Respironics Auto CPAP...
was last night (on Thursday, 25 January 2018)
You had an AHI of 3.31, which is considered technically "treated"
You machine was on for 7 hours, 33 minutes and 43 seconds.
You had no major mask leaks (maximum was 5.00 L/min).
Your pressure was under 12.3cmH2O for 95% of the time.
Post Reply Post Reply
you will get use to the pressure going to sleep too Smile there's no rush, use the ramp and increase it as you go towards whatever you set the min at.
Have you woken up and thought the machine was broken yet? Only to find it gush when you lifted the mask. I was running min 15 max 20 and sat around 20 a lot of nights when I was on cpap.
I would try 10 min and 16 max. If the 95% is 12 and the max 15. The dreamstations like to be closer to the 95% than resmed. Then put some sleepyhead charts up
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,426 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  [CPAP] Prisma 20A - Change of machine and regression elliott.981. 17 1,702 03-21-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Macka
  Sudden onset of desats - can't figure out why MCS2014 7 330 02-26-2024, 08:25 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Any change recommendations to machine? NativTxn 2 318 02-17-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: NativTxn
  [Symptoms] Recent Symptom - Settings Change? MamaK55 1 164 02-10-2024, 06:03 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Pressure] I just started apap therapy 3 weeks ago and I feel worse.Should I change settings? AndreiChivu 1 323 02-03-2024, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] Pressure max/min clarification and change I made richapple 5 365 01-28-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: richapple

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.