Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Selective Data Restore from a backup
Selective Data Restore from a backup
I have two computers.  I ran Oscar on the first until mid February.  On the second, I have run Oscar from the start of Feburary onwards.

My CAP machine is a ResMed Airsense 10 for her. 

I regularly import the SD card into each machine, with some overlap.  The last day I imported into the first computer was mid-March.  I started importing into the second computer mid-Feb.  On the second computer, Oscar found data from late January (on the SD card) and continues to add new data each day.

Recently, I noticed 2 days of data are missing on the new computer.

Old computer: 28 Jan to 15 Feb.
New computer: 28 Jan to 2 Feb,  5 Feb to 17 March.

Note the two days Feb 4, 5, which I noticed were missing from the new machine last week.

Those days are in the backup data on the old computer, but not on the new computer

How/what can I copy from the old computer to the new computer to pick up the lost days?

1.  I've rebuilt the data on the new computer, no joy.
2.  I'm a programmer and recognize the .gz file extensions in the backup directory.

I suspect there are some side files that have dates in them that will have to be copied, but Resmed file structures are a bit complicated to hack.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Selective Data Restore from a backup
Using OSCAR, purge Feb 2 from the new computer and import again. This should pick up the missing days if they are on the SD card.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Problem is the days are no longer on the card.
Post Reply Post Reply
Copy the Backup directory in the profile on the old machine to a location that can be read on the new machine (but not to the Backup directory in they profile on the new machine). Then import from that directory.
Useful links

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Tried that, and all I got was silence.

Opened Oscar on new machine.  Started CAP import.  Took the "Specify" option.  A find directory window opened. 

Navigated to old machine (via SMB network) and selected the BACKUP directory. .../OSCAR_Data/Profiles/Jared/ResMed_23202859655/Backup

CAP import appeared to end immediately with no messages.

Normally a short progress windows shows while the import is done, but this time there was nothing.

Tried again choosing the next higher level directory .../OSCAR_Data/Profiles/Jared/ResMed_23202859655 and again CAP Import was impossibly quick with no messages.
Post Reply Post Reply
Before I started the above, I selected each missing day in the calendar and then did Data/Advanced/Purge Current Day.

After I finished the above, just for the fun of it, I rebuilt the data Data/Rebuild CAP Data/ResMed ... 232028959655

Days are still missing.
Post Reply Post Reply
You must purge the day before the first missing date before you try to import the missing data from the other machine's backup directory.

Normally, OSCAR only tries to import date starting with the last day it imported. You need to purge something so that it imports data from the purge date forward.
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply
Is the lack of message and instant execution of the import worth opening a bug report?
Post Reply Post Reply
This situation occurs because the importer is able to quickly determine that the input file does not contain anything newer than the most recent date imported. I suppose we could add a "no new data found" message for that situation.
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 73 10 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  OSCAR data backup strategy matt2 2 95 03-18-2024, 10:32 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 289 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,628 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  How do you restore the journal? clan 0 402 09-30-2023, 02:06 AM
Last Post: clan
  Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data Rich66 9 1,023 08-24-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Rich66
  Automatic Wi-Fi SD Card backup? YouTakeMyBreathAway 1 620 01-08-2023, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.