Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is a super-low pressure ever useful?
RE: Is a super-low pressure ever useful?
Contrary to some assertions here I have recommended low pressures and gotten the desired results. Sometimes OA does not live alone without other complications like aerophasia or flow limitation. Limiting pressure is an important option.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid256869
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-10-2018, 12:27 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Contrary to some assertions here I have recommended low pressures and gotten the desired results. 

Everyone's throat structure and underlying medical issues are different so I would caution anyone to make generalized conclusions on low pressures with adults.  I am not large or small and have effectively treated my OSA with pressure in the 4.6 to 8.8 range depending upon the mask.  Currently with the Brevida I need about 1 cm of pressure more than with the P10s so my starting pressure is 5.6  I am very comfortable at low pressures and I limit my maximum pressure (but not by much).  My yearly average AHI is .54.  If you are an adult capable of treating you AHI at low pressures then you should be encouraged to do so.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
We had a very knowledgeable member here who had to keep her pressure super low to curb aerophagia, but it was high enough to treat her OSA.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is probably an entry into the daily Captain Obvious award, but all the above responses should teach us that even the setting of 4 can be useful to a specific individual with their specific set of treatment needs. Like every other setting within the range of the machine used, any possible combination should be considered to tailor the therapy support the very best treatment available. Thinking outside the box can give the results needed that might not otherwise be available.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,638 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 922 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
Question Newbie and using OSCAR - SUPER LOST and looking for advice DaveHirschler 26 2,080 08-01-2023, 08:13 PM
Last Post: DaveHirschler
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 646 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88
  [CPAP] Super tired and could use help Cmills13 3 492 04-07-2023, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Rich66
  FFM HELP: no leaks, no nose bridge pressure and no headgear pressure on back of neck? koy23 6 1,556 01-22-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: koy23
  [CPAP] Help Needed - AHIs in the 60s-70s with super high Leak Rates ExitLightEnterNight 2 659 03-31-2022, 07:46 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.