Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Self-diagnosed on Dreamstation with questions
RE: Self-diagnosed on Dreamstation with questions
I have DreamStation 500X150, which I upgraded to the latest firmware (1.8) if that is of any relevance.
Post Reply Post Reply
No it doesn't matter and it's good to have the latest firmware. Philips has had several ways their auto machine determines treatment pressure. I think there was just a mix between the terms Opti-Start and CPAP-check
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Again slightly increased min pressure, worse AHI. What is going on?  Unsure

[attachment=11774]
Post Reply Post Reply
Give it time, increasing slightly 0.5 at a time will get there. It's fine to go at your own pace.

How the dreamstation algorithm works is available. It will tell you what and how many events it needs, before it will raise pressure.
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night I tried a min pressure of 8 but could bare sleep 4 hours with it and had to make generous use of the ramp button. What an awful night.

[attachment=11788]

Now I am thinking of getting a refurb'ed AutoSet …
Post Reply Post Reply
I like the resmed, The 2 in my avatar and another 2. But I wouldn't toss the baby out with the bathwater yet. There is nothing the resmed auto can do that the dreamS can't, as far as treatment outcomes. You raised pressure and it disturbed your sleep, the same will happen with resmed. Back off to 7.5 max 9.5. I pump up to 25-30cm with ivaps, you do get use to it.

I would do a mask fit function that blows high pressure and see if the leak can be resolved

When I first started, I was sleeping in 1.5-2 hour blocks and wake up. 4 hours is a win Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
We have seen remarkable improvements in some individuals moving from Philips to Resmed. I would not discount the fact the pressure is delivered very differently and with EPR instead of Flex. I think you have given your current machine a pretty good trial and it is yet to deliver what we would consider "efficacy". In theory both are CPAPs and do the same thing. In reality, there can be significant difference in effectiveness.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, two more nights on the DreamStation, both with pressure settings at 6.5/9.5. On 8 May A-Flex was at 3, on 9 May at 2.

[attachment=11896]
[attachment=11897]
Post Reply Post Reply
First night on an AutoSet. It effectively prevented almost all of the obstructive apneas and hypopneas (as expected). But suddenly I have lots of centrals.

[attachment=11898]

I will probably raise the min pressure to 6.5 as it was on the DreamStation, so I can get rid of some of the pressure changes. Any idea on the centrals? Might that be a reaction to the more aggressive algorithm? Should I try the "Soft" setting? Why do they seem clustered? Is ResMed's CA detection reliable?
Post Reply Post Reply
I think most of the centrals are induced by theEPR of 3.

With EPR =3 you min pressure should of been 7.

Set your min to 6.4 and EPR to 1.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Diagnosed with SA 70AHI Newbie2024 15 257 1 hour ago
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Juniper's questions juniper 5 76 1 hour ago
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 269 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 230 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 298 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer
  Need Help. Many Questions wkennedy 6 441 12-31-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: wkennedy
  DreamStation Go Recall [consolidated replacement & compensation info & questions] PHXSleeper 127 19,474 12-17-2023, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Tampa Jim

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.