Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Self-diagnosed on Dreamstation with questions
RE: Self-diagnosed on Dreamstation with questions
Thank you bonjour, I used the settings you suggested. Unfortunately I forgot to insert the SD card so I only have data for the second session. I remember that I was awake for the time the CAs occured, so I think the same might have happened yesterday. I also remember the AHI on the AutoSet was < 2 when I switched it off after the first session. My only issue now seems to be that I am waking up in the middle of the night, having problems falling back asleep.

From the graph yesterday the only events from around the time I woke up (0:20) are slight flow limitations (≤ 0.12) to which the AutoSet reacted with a slight pressure increase. About 30 minutes before there were stronger flow limitations (≤ 0.46) to which the AutoSet reacted with a pressure increase of 3.5 cmH2O within 1 minute. At this point I cannot tell whether these arousals are coming from pressure changes made by the AutoSet or from flow limitations. The DreamStation did flag RERAs occasionally.

Since I have a European AutoSet it doesn't track RERAs in standard mode. I'd have to switch it to For Her mode to do that.

[attachment=11912]
Post Reply Post Reply
After 10 nights on the AutoSet I am very happy. I tried a couple of nights with the AutoSet, then with the AutoSet Soft algorithm. When I finally switched to the AutoSet For Her algorithm I could immediately feel the difference the next morning. The only thing that still wakes me up now are mask leaks, which obviously are not the machine's fault. My AHI with sleep-wake-junk centrals ignored is almost 0 most of the time.

Interestingly, with the For Her algorithm I seem to have way more flow limitations. Is it not supposed to treat those more effectively?

AutoSet:
[attachment=12091]

AutoSet Soft:
[attachment=12092]

AutoSet For Her:
[attachment=12093]

AutoSet For Her, FFM due to nasal congestion:
[attachment=12095]

Very strange episode of flow limitations tonight. Pressure went up to 13 but flow rate remained limited.
[attachment=12096]
Post Reply Post Reply
Looking at graphs for many users when using the for her algorithm the flow limitations look more severe it is the same in both oscar and resscan why i do not know its just the info the machine report's is it a sign of pressure changes needed I don't know either.
Post Reply Post Reply
In Autoset standard mode, you used EPR full time at 1. With Soft and For Her mode you used EPR during Ramp only. The flow limitations appear real, and there is a curious flow problem right at the transition from expiration to inspiration. We have sometimes increased trigger sensitivity for people using the Vauto, but in this case, you are not even using EPR. In this case, I think the flow anomaly is a direct result of your nasal congestion. It appears as expiration ends, your experiencing some blockage in your nose. The flow limitations may also be related to congestion and not something to worry about. In spite of flow limits, the machine is not increasing pressure.

Your CA events are reduced without EPR, but flow limitation is increased. I think how you set up the machine is a choice between CA and FL. Given you seem to feel better without the EPR in for her mode, you might want to stick with that for a while.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, Jas and Sleeprider!

I believe my CAs are mostly sleep-wake-junk. They pretty much coincide with times that my sleep tracking app tells me I was awake. What is waking me up I still don't know. I though it was leaking air from the FFM. But last night I went back to the nasal pillows with almost no leaks and still woke up way too early.

(05-21-2019, 01:11 AM)jaswilliams Wrote: Looking at graphs for many users when using the for her algorithm the flow limitations look more severe it is the same in both oscar and resscan why i do not know its just the info the machine report's is it a sign of pressure changes needed I don't know either.

Can we actually know for sure whether flow limitations flagged by our machines are all measured flow limitations or just the ones were the machine took action? Would it help to look at the data in ResScan?

(05-21-2019, 10:08 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: In Autoset standard mode, you used EPR full time at 1.  With Soft and For Her mode you used EPR during Ramp only.  The flow limitations appear real, and there is a curious flow problem right at the transition from expiration to inspiration. We have sometimes increased trigger sensitivity for people using the Vauto, but in this case, you are not even using EPR.  In this case, I think the flow anomaly is a direct result of your nasal congestion. It appears as expiration ends, your experiencing some blockage in your nose. The flow limitations may also be related to congestion and not something to worry about.  In spite of flow limits, the machine is not increasing pressure.

Your CA events are reduced without EPR, but flow limitation is increased.  I think how you set up the machine is a choice between CA and FL. Given you seem to feel better without the EPR in for her mode, you might want to stick with that for a while.

I also have a night with Soft mode and EPR just during ramp. The flow limitations and CAs were pretty much unchanged from the night with full-time EPR. I can also feel that flow problem you mention. I though that was the AutoSet algorithm increasing the pressure at the end of exhalation and then slightly lowering it again for a short moment before it continues to rise.

Tonight I will try to bring back some slight EPR and see how that goes.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Diagnosed with SA 70AHI Newbie2024 15 265 6 hours ago
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Juniper's questions juniper 5 79 6 hours ago
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 272 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 230 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 298 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer
  Need Help. Many Questions wkennedy 6 441 12-31-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: wkennedy
  DreamStation Go Recall [consolidated replacement & compensation info & questions] PHXSleeper 127 19,477 12-17-2023, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Tampa Jim

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.