Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Self test, newbie needs help please
Self test, newbie needs help please

Good day!
I bought a CMS50F for no other reason than to look at using it as a run training tool, after seeing them used /marketed at the Ironman World championships last year.
I have yet to use it in that way and last night I decided to record a nights sleep as I generally wake several times in the night and to a higher heart rate than I am used to.
I think I will do this a couple more times in the next week and then present whatever information I have to my Doctor.
A few things about me
Male, 57 years of age, BMI 20-24 Height 5ft7"
Hypertension is diagnosed and treated with Amlodipine.
The software used came with the monitor and is called Sp02 assistant
I guess I forgot to ask a question so can anyone interpret this image of the results please and thankyou!
Thanks and regards

Bex
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Self test, newbie needs help please
Welcome!  You are experiencing some de-saturation events that are suggestive of sleep disordered breathing (apnea or hypopneas).   It does not get alarmingly low, but low enough to be a concern.  If other nights are similar, I would suggest consulting your doctor about getting a sleep test.  

Your waking up multiple times during the night with an elevated heart rate also point to sleep disordered breathing.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. I watched the youtube v
video on the wiki and now think thats potentially the issue, namely flow limitation arousal
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi bexiesbruv,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you and hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-07-2017, 12:23 PM)chill Wrote: Welcome!  You are experiencing some de-saturation events that are suggestive of sleep disordered breathing (apnea or hypopneas).   It does not get alarmingly low, but low enough to be a concern.

Not disagreeing with you, but sometimes being scared can be a good thing, if the readings are accurate I'd say "low enough to be very concerned and not delay seeking a sleep test" Smile.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-07-2017, 07:31 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi bexiesbruv,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you and hang in there for more responses to your post.

I am doing another recording tonight and will post the snapshot of results here tomorrow. Interestingly, my wife has access to a few finger devices from work and she brought one home. I also have a garmin chest strap and can monitor heart rate on my phone from it.
The two oximeters are off on heart rate and 02 by as much as 5% and 4-5 beats. Both devices are off with the Garmin but the cheaper finger unit is closer.
Now it brings into doubt/question the accuracy of my device.
My only thoughts are that my device is very sensitive to finger placement or the sample time is less frequent than either the Garmin or the other Oximeter. At times all 3 match up briefly then mine goes awry but the 2 oximeters have not matched at all on O2.

Any thoughts on this?
Post Reply Post Reply
Bex, I can't comment on your last question, though it would help to know how the two devices are differing. For instance, if you are hitting CO2 levels of 80 with one and 85 with another, it's still a cause for concern. But if it's 85 and 90 and it's the 90 one that is accurate, than maybe not.

Also, there are many factors other than just CO2 level that a full sleep test will look at.

If you track yourself several nights and are consistently getting these types of results, you might want to consider setting an alarm on the meter to go off at 85 so it wakes you up if you start to drop below that.
Post Reply Post Reply
They differ on heart rate and %
The odd thing is that when my wife used both, she got consistency between them both of 79hr and 98%
When I slipped them back on I got HR of 59-65 and 90-92% on mine and 65hr (consistent) and 95%(consistent) on the other.
I think it has to be finger placement.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is the data from last night with the finger stall on the reader turned upside down, so the chord is under my finger. Much more consistent readings I figure.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

here is the 3rd of my overnight recordings, looks consistent (to me) with the other two posted and I would appreciate further thoughts or/and analysis.
I mentioned earlier that I was waking "hot" and think this might have to do with a vit B complex and the Niacin flush that a person can get soon after taking it. I was taking it about 45 minutes to an hour before bed. I stopped a few days ago and the flush went away, replaced with feeling cold.....Oh-jeezI just cant win.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 5 94 03-17-2024, 09:51 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 1 120 03-13-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 102 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 439 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Self-administered sleep test? BlueSky1958 6 179 02-29-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Newbie with extreme swallowing air Burrells5 3 237 02-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie - Can't seem to Fall Asleep with Apap on JoniBean 4 269 02-27-2024, 12:13 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.