Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Self-treating UARS with AirCurve 10 — Where to start with pressure settings?
Self-treating UARS with AirCurve 10 — Where to start with pressure settings?
Hello all, upon some of your recommendations, I’ve purchased a ResMed AirCurve 10 VAUTO, along with an AirFit P10 mask in hopes of self-treating suspected UARS.

I had a sleep study which showed an AHI of ~3, with 4.3 while in REM. All events were hypopneas, except for 2 central apneas. Since I didn’t hit the 5 AHI threshold, I was not given a machine or titrated. Therefore, I’m starting with a completely blank slate here.

Any advice on where to start with pressure settings? All I have figured out is that I will likely want a gap of 4-6, based on Dr. Krakow’s writings, but not sure where to start my min and max pressure at, or how to methodically tweak it over time.

Any thoughts?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Self-treating UARS with AirCurve 10 — Where to start with pressure settings?
I would just jump in with Vauto mode at Max IPAP 14.0, Min EPAP 5.0, PS 4. It should be pretty easy to determine from there if more PS or pressure is needed.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Self-treating UARS with AirCurve 10 — Where to start with pressure settings?
Thanks, Sleeprider, I will start there.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Understanding Pressure Settings on ASV Suzee 80 3,252 1 hour ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Journey to cure UARS. OSCAR data attached gzaw 3 819 11 hours ago
Last Post: gzaw
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 5 124 Yesterday, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,106 Yesterday, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  New BiPAP user with UARS(?) tk2234 22 446 03-17-2024, 07:50 PM
Last Post: tk2234
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 67 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 203 8,289 03-17-2024, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Plmnb

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.