Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

EMF and CPAP
RE: EMF and CPAP
Same TriField Readings here...on a NEW ResMed Airsense 11 the hose when off is screaming high. Where is the informed consent?
Post Reply Post Reply
Sadly the high readings persisted when the machine is plugged in but not in use..
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm curious if there is a hose cover that can block EMF exposure. I have had a machine since 2009. I didn't think to look up EMF levels on my machine until today although I became aware of EMFs about 5 years ago.
Post Reply Post Reply
Were EMF readings similar with airplane mode on and off? Is it the hose or the machine that is the issue as some seem to be saying the machine generates higher EMF readings just being plugged in?

Has anyone measured with the heated fucntion of the heated hose turned off?
Post Reply Post Reply
Good questions, something to look into.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had the same high readings (using the trifield meter) when I checked the heated hose on my phillips machines, I've switched over to the standard hoses (anti bacterial healthy hose).
Post Reply Post Reply
not sure if would work on the hose but it might, and be less expensive if they sell smaller shields than the fulll bed and floor netting/pad
Post Reply Post Reply
Why is that necessary? It seems others are saying the machine can be at a distance with a non-heated hose.

I wonder if even a short non-heated hose such as the SleepWeaver Feather Weight Tube connected to the heated hose would do enough or if the EMF from the heated hose would remain too close?
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.