Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10
RE: Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10
Like my departed ex-father-in-law used to say about the microwave-cooked Thanksgiving turkey . . .

"just brush the microwaves off"
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-18-2015, 11:47 AM)retired_guy Wrote: 3. "My DME might change stuff without telling me." Just for the fun of it I suppose, because why else would they go to the trouble of giving you the time of day and risk their business while they're at it? It's not like, as a general rule, they do that when you call them up for help or assistance.

I thought it might be of interest to report that - indeed the DME changed my wife's pressures back to the prescription ones and changed A-Flex from 2 to 1. There was no prior communication nor any follow-up. I do not believe this was done at the direction of the doctor because they are not associated with each other and physically they are 700 mile apart with no DME branches in our city. She noticed it when we looked at Sleepyhead pressure graph. The only theory we have is that the DME was asked by her to prepare reports to send to my her sleep doctor prior to an upcoming appointment. It is possible they noticed the difference and changed to prescription values. Perhaps they have a routine that checks data around the 30 day point (which is when this happened) and made the changes. Don't know. Should this happen again, we will simply disconnect the modem until we need it for reporting.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-21-2015, 02:30 PM)retired_guy Wrote:
(03-21-2015, 02:18 PM)player Wrote: I find the older generations that I am encountering on the apnea forums have a very different attitude towards health risks than younger gens. the older gens scoff and ridicule the messenger. It is as if they buy the rhetoric of the corporations and heckle anyone who has a fresh look at harmful chemicals, food additives, microwaves etc. A completely different attitude, and it reminds me of my parents.

One could argue that the reluctance of some of the young bucks to embrace new technological advancements could be construed as making them the recalcitrant ones.

Being that I am of the "older generations" I can assure you that I have never, in my long and industrious life, have ever, not even once, purchased a rhetoric.

Hey I'm just glad this week they find red wine beneficial. Have to wait until next week to drink coffee again though.

I'm waiting for the day they say my radium watch is safe to wear again.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the detailed instructions!

There ARE valid reasons why someone might want to do this... other than what some are making fun of... and this made it easy.

Took me 10min to carefully follow the instructions, then turned airplane mode off, and finally not getting the annoying "turn airplane mode off" message every time it fires up Smile

...and no I do not care at all about warranty, health provider, etc, etc.... just about convenience

Cheers
Post Reply Post Reply
If you ask me WIFI for a CPAP is worthless over-sophistication.
I don't want some idiot DME tech across town messing with my pressure settings without my consent or knowledge.
I suspect that most of the time no one even looks at that data anyway.
Why would I say that?

I offered my doc and the DME to read my SD chip (yes I had a back up) from my S9 and they both came back with: "We don't have the software to do that with"

Oh-kay... That is like a car mechanic telling me the shop can't work on my car because they don't have
any tools to fix it with.
Thumbs-down-1

I digress though.
No one besides me needs physical control over the machine.
That feature is right up there wifh WIFI refrigerator. I can plant that right next to my more useful things like:
my gasoline powered turtleneck sweater.

Can't you just rip the WIFI card out of it or buy it with no WIFI?

And..in closing...It has been shown that whenever there is an opportunity to
abuse any system, the opportunity is *always* exploited.

Peace, Love and Carrots. =~.^=
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-02-2015, 08:21 PM)Shastzi Wrote: Can't you just rip the WIFI card out of it or buy it with no WIFI?

None of the machines I've heard of come with WIFI. You have to add that by purchasing an SD card with built in WIFI, set the card up right, then install a program on your computer to copy the day's files over and start up your program for inspecting your results.

I have a WIFI card in several of my computers and in my main router. I use the same security protocols for all of them except with different passwords. If someone wants for some strange reason to look at my CPAP results they are welcome to and I hope they get a thrill.

I didn't even know there were SD cards with built in WIFI transmitters when I first got my machine. Once I did hear (right here on this board) I thought "good idea" and bought one over the internet. There's no reason you should have the same reaction I did or for me to claim that your reaction is better or worse than mine. As the say, YMMV.

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-02-2015, 03:27 PM)soundguy Wrote: Thanks for the detailed instructions!
Took me 10min to carefully follow the instructions, then turned airplane mode off, and finally not getting the annoying "turn airplane mode off" message every time it fires up

You are most welcome! I'm glad I was able to help.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-02-2015, 08:21 PM)Shastzi Wrote: If you ask me WIFI for a CPAP is worthless over-sophistication....

...That feature is right up there wifh WIFI refrigerator.

Agreed! lol

(08-02-2015, 08:21 PM)Shastzi Wrote: Can't you just rip the WIFI card out of it or buy it with no WIFI?

As mentioned, it's cellular data, not wifi, and no, the Airsense10 does not come without a cellular modem installed...
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-06-2015, 07:56 PM)soundguy Wrote: , and no, the Airsense10 does not come without a cellular modem installed...

I think it might if you are not in the USA
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-06-2015, 11:15 PM)DariaVader Wrote:
(10-06-2015, 07:56 PM)soundguy Wrote: , and no, the Airsense10 does not come without a cellular modem installed...

I think it might if you are not in the USA

Perhaps, but I was not able to find a manual that didn't reference it online, so I suppose I assumed... Also, I bought one from Canada (Elite), and one from USA (Autoset), and both had it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,730 4 minutes ago
Last Post: her.suit
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 407 1 hour ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,771 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 228 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,179 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 213 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.