Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed S9 auto vs Airsense 10 auto
Ohmy 
Resmed S9 auto vs Airsense 10 auto
I have been using the Resmed S9 Auto for 4 years, My DME brought a new Resmed Airsense 10 Auto. With the S9 my AHI was always 5 or less. It has been 1 week now with the new Airsense 10 Auto, at the identical settings, my AHI's are often 10 to 17. The only change was the machine. My DME did not have an answer. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks
Sleepy on Par
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed S9 auto vs Airsense 10 auto
Hi sleepyonpar1,
Are you sure the pressure settings are the same? Order the clinicians manual for the A10 and check it yourself. Link at top of page.

I would guess that using your S9 for 4 years, that you have your therapy pretty well dialed in.
Have you changed masks, are you using the same one? Do you have the correct setting for your type mask on the new machine?

What was the reason you replaced your S9? Could it be that it wasn't delivering the correct airflow, and not reporting the correct AHI?

Other than that, download SleepyHead software and start comparing it to ResScan to see if numbers agree.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have checked the settings on the airsense 10. Everything is identical to the settings on my old S9, the pressure, the mask, the hose, the ramp etc. I had both machines side by side comparing the settings.

I have placed a call to another brand of my DME, they will call me tomorrow, Thursday in the morning.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, sleepyonpar1.

Maybe you could compare the 90% pressure values on your old machine and on the new one to see how they differ. Oh, and also check to see how much of your AHI is made up of central/clear airway apneas.
Post Reply Post Reply
The algorithm (think firmware) is different between the two generations of machines.
One would hope the 10 series would be an improved algorithm.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Your previous machine was old, and perhaps wasn't putting out full pressure. If that is so, then the same setting on the new one might well be too high for you.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-10-2016, 05:38 AM)sleepyonpar1 Wrote: I have been using the Resmed S9 Auto for 4 years, My DME brought a new Resmed Airsense 10 Auto. With the S9 my AHI was always 5 or less. It has been 1 week now with the new Airsense 10 Auto, at the identical settings, my AHI's are often 10 to 17. The only change was the machine. My DME did not have an answer. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks
Sleepy on Par
To get some idea what is going on, need to find the events breakdown of AHI, then 95% percentile and maximum pressure
Is EPR level also the same as the S9

My guess, both 95% percentile and maximum pressure is the same as the maximum set pressure 11.5, if that is the case and the majority of events are hypopneas with some obstructive (not centrals), increase the maximum set pressure might helps reducing AHI

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 26 498 8 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,865 Yesterday, 11:41 AM
Last Post: her.suit
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,638 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,844 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 675 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 231 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.