Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sending results to new Dr
I am about to start again with my Resmed 10 Autosense and dreamweaver mask. I have an appointment in September with a new sleep Dr. I am registered for Myair but I gather that is not all that useful as I have to get up multiple times to use the restroom. The question I have is: how does the data transfer so that my Dr. can see it?Does he have to have the info about my machine or do I take the cpap with me to his office? I don't want to waste an appointment since I already have to wait a month for this one. I have not yet downloaded sleepyhead. Does he have access to this data too? Thanks so much!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sending results to new Dr
My doc's office has signs everywhere that you should bring the machine with you - that way they have access to the card in case your dme hasn't given them access to myair yet. They can check the machine out, change settings, help you with any issues, etc.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, I will bring it. Amazing that they couldn't be bothered to tell me that when I made the appointment!
Post Reply Post Reply
I just take my SD card with me. They will download the information from that to their computer and give it back to you. Make sure you GET IT BACK and then PUT IT INTO THE MACHINE! Smile I have an SD card envelope to prevent damage.

I don't take my machine with me because in summer or winter, your machine will get very hot or cold and it can damage the seals. I know how to do the settings on my machine and my brother's bipap already (although the techs will carry on, the doc has no problem with it). BTW, my doc appreciated the Sleephead annual summary showing my usage as I went from solid sleeping for months, to broken sleep for months. In my case, my SD card corrupted less than 2 weeks before my appointment, so a lot of that historical info was only available on Sleephead.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-11-2016, 12:12 PM)Mosquitobait Wrote: In my case, my SD card corrupted less than 2 weeks before my appointment, so a lot of that historical info was only available on Sleephead.

Seems like a perfect reason to do a create a directory called CPAP_SDCARD_DATA and doing a complete copy of the data from the SD card to to that directory.

That way should something happen to your existing SD card, you can rebuild it. And if I understand it correctly, if you have a new empty SD card, inserting the empty SD card into your machine and powering on your machine will cause all the data held in memory of the machine to be exported to the SD Card.

Warning: Eating chocolate may cause your clothes to shrink!
[Image: ry6XtE9.gif] <---- That's ME!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi somnia16,
Good luck to you with the new sleep doc.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Somnia, it would probably help you to start using the Sleepyhead software. There is a great deal to be learned from its use in terms of optimizing your therapy. Most people find that effective therapy can stop the nocturia that is clearly disrupting your sleep. You may want to find a solution to that problem, as well as working with your doctor to make the machine more effective. We very commonly see people with your settings (4-18), fail to get effective therapy because the minimum CPAP pressure is too low.

What do you consider to be the biggest issues with using the therapy? What does your machine report as your AHI, average and 90% pressure? You can use the menu to view this information, even if you don't have a computer to download Sleepyhead. Get the clinician manual for your machine, and learn how to make adjustments. http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 535 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 184 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 160 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 134 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,181 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Help interpreting Oscar results stanley61 10 474 03-03-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: stanley61

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.