Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Seniors FYI
Street signs - The eyeglasses companies are in cahoots with municipalities everywhere to make those signs smaller!

I'm filing a formal complaint with the traffic light people too. Those lights turn green to red so darn fast you can't possibly stop. I need to slow down a mile before the light so that I am prepared.

And speaking of longer streets; I swear that the turn for my street used to be so much closer. Now it seems like my left blinker is on for days before my turn comes up. I'm not that concerned though since when I look into my rear view mirror (which is now smaller) I see lots of people behind me waving and supporting me. They all motion that my driving is #1 proper in their book. It looks like they are trying to tell me something too, probably praising my excellent driving, but alas they are making cars much louder these days and I just can't hear them.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-17-2015, 10:23 AM)AlanE Wrote: Street signs - The eyeglasses companies are in cahoots with municipalities everywhere to make those signs smaller!

I'm filing a formal complaint with the traffic light people too. Those lights turn green to red so darn fast you can't possibly stop. I need to slow down a mile before the light so that I am prepared.

And speaking of longer streets; I swear that the turn for my street used to be so much closer. Now it seems like my left blinker is on for days before my turn comes up. I'm not that concerned though since when I look into my rear view mirror (which is now smaller) I see lots of people behind me waving and supporting me. They all motion that my driving is #1 proper in their book. It looks like they are trying to tell me something too, probably praising my excellent driving, but alas they are making cars much louder these days and I just can't hear them.

Yep.......agree with all of the above. Laugh-a-lot
Post Reply Post Reply
Isn't getting older fun !!!!!!!!

One thing I do like is I can read the same books and watch the same movies over and over. Each and every time I do, it's a new adventure.

oldman Coffee

I just realized I'm more in demand and very valuable....I'm an antique!!
Post Reply Post Reply

Bompa - Hubby and I are like that. On a Saturday night we will be half-way or three-quarters of the way through a rerun on satellite television and then realize......"Omg..we've seen this before" and here we thought we were watching a new program. My Auntie used to tell me that getting old was not for sissies, always thought she didn't know what she was talking about. Have changed my tune 100% now that I am there.
Post Reply Post Reply
At least now I have an excuse to tell the cops when they pull me over for dark tint on my windows. Big Grinnie

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
What is your excuse? ....That you can't see where you are going anyway! Big Grin Grin Oh-jeez Huh
Post Reply Post Reply

My old eyes are too sensitive to UV radiation. I use the excuse you wrote after I drive my car through the wall of a local establishment. Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-17-2015, 09:50 AM)GrammaBear Wrote: What a relief - sort of - to know I am not the only one who has been afflicted with whatever is "going around."

I find the older I get the less I am inclined to put up with the foolishness that seems to be happening around me. I heard someone say at a local Senior Center ......"People wonder why old people are so crabby - but they will only understand the WHY when they, themselves get OLD." Why didn't anyone warn us ...... especially the part about print on everything we try to read that got smaller overnight ??? Thinking-about

I know... I sure get it now... but had NO understanding of this 20 years ago. Funny, I really thought I did.

Anyone ever go to google and find once you are there that you have no clue what you wanted to google?! Makes me crazy! Oh-jeez And it's happening more and more often!

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-21-2015, 02:39 PM)PositiveMe123 Wrote:
(07-17-2015, 09:50 AM)GrammaBear Wrote: What a relief - sort of - to know I am not the only one who has been afflicted with whatever is "going around."

I find the older I get the less I am inclined to put up with the foolishness that seems to be happening around me. I heard someone say at a local Senior Center ......"People wonder why old people are so crabby - but they will only understand the WHY when they, themselves get OLD." Why didn't anyone warn us ...... especially the part about print on everything we try to read that got smaller overnight ??? Thinking-about

I know... I sure get it now... but had NO understanding of this 20 years ago. Funny, I really thought I did.

Anyone ever go to google and find once you are there that you have no clue what you wanted to google?! Makes me crazy! Oh-jeez And it's happening more and more often!

I'm beginning to think that there are "many" of us who exhibit the same behaviors when it comes to Google. It is just like when I walk from one end of my house, which is a ranch style, to the other end and by the time I get there - I've forgotten why I walked there + what it was that I wanted to retrieve. Rolleyes
Post Reply Post Reply

GrammaBear,
You were just walking from one end of your house to the other for exercise! Or did you forget?
Rolling laugh
Post Reply Post Reply