Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Septoplasty and Turbinate Surgery
Septoplasty and Turbinate Surgery
I,m having the surgery next Tuesday on the 24th of April.
Any positive thoughts from those who have had the surgery and any feedback is much appreciated.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Septoplasty and Turbinate Reduction
(04-18-2012, 04:21 PM)zonk Wrote: I,m having the surgery next Tuesday on the 24th of April.
Any positive thoughts from those who have had the surgery and any feedback is much appreciated.

keep saying it hurts and get more drugs. enjoy the legal high. good luck, bro'.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
Take your vitamins now, eat well, drink plenty of fluids, get your rest, exercise and don't drink hard liquor, don't smoke cigs or do mind-altering drugs. Bigwink

Get your immune system in order, don't worry, laugh, be happy, watch a funny movie, go for a walk and play with the dog (or kangaroo or whatever you folks have for pets down under). Dancing

Drink a bit of cranberry juice each day before surgery, enjoy the sunshine, kiss your spouse and don't flirt with the nurses (at least not in front of your wife). Big Grinnie

Oh, and drink at least one cup of coffee each day before surgery. (can't believe I almost forgot that part). Oh-jeez

Good luck zonk, we will all be thinking of you on Tuesday... we do expect a full report once you're back online. Grin
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Adults tend to spike fevers after surgery because we don't stay hydrated enough. So, drink plenty of water or juice. Do what the doctor's tell you.

And have someone come here and tell us how you are doing. 'Cause deep down, we really do care about you, Zonk. BigwinkLaugh-a-lot
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I had it done about 15 years ago. Changed my life for the better. Definitely glad I did it.

The recovery time depends on how much they have to do to fix the deviated septum. In my case I got lucky and they didn't have to do much there. Two days later I had the packing removed and went out to lunch with my wife. The doctor was surprised to see that I was "up and about".

Keep your NeilMed sinus rinser handy. You'll be using it a lot after they remove the packing.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I second SS's feelings on the subject - excluding the consumption of the coffee.

I am interested in the outcome as my wife has been putting off that surgery for longer than we've been married (which will be 41 years this August).
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the wishes and will keep you posted
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Septoplasty and Turbinate Surgery
I've seen the doctor today 3 days after the surgery, He cleaned and sucked the stuff from the nose it was a bit uncomfortable and will him again in two weeks. It should be better from now as can breathe through the nose but still no cpap till sometimes next week just to minimize any bleeding can't wait to use cpap any time soon.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh wow.

Not even a full face with cotton up your nose?

You should be feeling fairly miserable with such bad sleep.

Or is your sleep decent?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
wasn't bad last night and hoping to get better tonite as the nose is cleared and not blocked. I don,t really feel tired or sleepy just back from 2 hours drive seeing the doctor and the only problem is too many cars on the road the 4 lane motorway looked for a short time some giant car park other than that all good so far.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Worsening OSA After Bariatric Surgery Ibrumley 4 58 4 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,227 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  After major surgery Issues DANNOGA 5 255 02-26-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Nasal Breathing / Septoplasty questions Ptee8899 7 386 02-13-2024, 11:10 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  CPAP issues after tonsillectomy + septoplasty bloom25 14 1,337 01-31-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: bloom25
  Talk me into or out of surgery BoxcarPete 30 1,955 01-27-2024, 11:05 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Nasal Surgery and CPAP tolerance Norman2195 6 708 12-27-2023, 11:19 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.