Mask Make & Model: RESMed Swift FX
Humidifier: Heated humidifier - 2
CPAP Pressure: 12.5-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: Septoplasty and Turbinate Surgery
Zonk,
I had this done many years ago and I will agree with you. It was one of the most uncomfortable, miserable recoveries I have ever had! I hope it has gotten better over the years as so much has, but here we are about 25 years or so down the road and I am on my machine. According to the doc that did the surgery years ago the Turbinates can grow back to where they were and it may have to be done again. I opted not to even have that checked out. I won't go through that again. I actually had a nerve near the tip of my nose damaged during the surgery so that even today, every once in awhile I get a searing pain like someone is shoving a needle through my nose and there is nothing wrong. Luckily over the years that has become much less often so that it only happens 3-4 times a year now and only lasts for a few minutes. Good luck with the rest of your recovery. I sure hope that in the end you have better success than I did!
Mike

As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
05-29-2012 07:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: A10 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Activa LT
Humidifier: Integrated /ClimateLineAir
CPAP Pressure: 9/13
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: CPAP since Nov 2010

Thanks Mike appreciate the feedback and encouragement
05-29-2012 03:49 PM
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

Light at the end of the tunnel at last. Now breathing got better with both sides of my nose and its all cleared up. I can see improvement and it got slightly better than before but it has been a roller coaster ride.
06-17-2012 07:55 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

12 weeks update - For everyone who is contemplating this type of surgery I would say its worth it, but the recovery time can be different from person to person. I've read some good and not so good outcome - my own experience which was not good at the start but now its a lot better than before the surgery. Otherwise all is good and yes the pressure stay the same as before but sleeping better right through the night and also breathing improved during the day as well............Sayonara
07-16-2012 06:49 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Maxillomandibular advancement surgery AMA mrkdilkington 0 113 11-29-2016 04:07 PM
Last Post: mrkdilkington
  Question for those who had MMA Surgery - Feeling Hopeless voiddweller 7 320 10-30-2016 02:56 AM
Last Post: 49er
  Sleep Apnea Surgery zeeser 5 593 10-26-2016 02:42 PM
Last Post: Kadenz
  UARS - ENT Recommended Septoplasty/Turbinate Reduction....experience? LB1982 11 458 09-30-2016 09:09 AM
Last Post: richb
  [Health] No CPAP During Sinus Surgery Recovery Sleepster 20 1,555 09-21-2016 07:02 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Is it okay to decrease cpap pressure after nose surgery? kowlooner 8 577 09-13-2016 11:33 AM
Last Post: kowlooner
Question [CPAP] Upcoming endoscopic surgery and CPAP Wrz77 2 287 09-08-2016 08:28 PM
Last Post: Mike1953