Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Service Manual for PR System One REMstars & BiPAPs now available
Information 
Service Manual for PR System One REMstars & BiPAPs now available
Thanks to Apnea Board member mjbearit, we now have the Service Manual for the Philips-Respironics System One REMstars and BiPAP machines on our Members Only Files page. This is not the "Clinician Manual" or "Provider Setup Manual", but rather the technical manual for repairing the machines. It is a 116 page PDF document that is 15.1 MB in size.

mjbearit would like you to know that opening up a System One is not without risk, and it helps if you have electronics knowledge before trying to fix a machine like this using the Service Manual. Basically, we assume no liability if you choose to open up your machine-- you're on your own. I would recommend that you don't open up your machine, unless it's out of warranty and you have no other choice.

The link to the PDF manual is available in our Private Files & Links Forum, (CLICK HERE).

[you will need to log into your forum account to access the private files; register here for a free account if you need to]

Once you get into the Private Files & Links Forum, simply click on the thread title that says "LINKS to Members-Only FILES", then click on the link to the Members-Only Files Page in that first post. When you get to the page, scroll down to where the Service Manuals are listed.

Thanks again to mjbearit for finding this!

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Service Manual for PR System One REMstars & BiPAPs now available
Also, if you are so bold as to actually attempt repair on your own PR System One machine, please post about it here in this thread and let us know how it went and if you could offer tips to other members, that would be great.

Thanks
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Well I guess that puts me on the spot right away! Long story short. Smacked the button too hard...we'll leave that as it stands and not go into why...and the humidifier quit working. Had to take apart to try to find the issue. Fixed that, but caused another issue. The knob is VERY hard to get off so I did not want to force it the first time around. There is no way to get this back together without removing the knob. In the manual it tells you that it is removable and to pry it up with a screwdriver. Well that sent shivers up my spine! I used 2 screwdrivers, one on each side of the stem, and gently raised the knob up. I was then able to see that the rubber boots between the air chamber and the sensors had not seated properly. I reseated those and life is all good again.
I cannot stress strongly enough that opening this case is on the same level as opening the case on your laptop, but the cost if you screw up is about twice that of the laptop! Be sure to observe all static electricity protocols and treat it as if you are working on the laptop for the CEO! You will need to sleep with this machine that night! I don't know if there are parts you can get for replacement, and I seriously doubt they would sell them to you and I. Therefore, this is only useful in the event that something has come unplugged or misaligned or whatever. However, having said that, I just saved myself about $500 I don't have!
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-23-2014, 06:19 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Also, if you are so bold as to actually attempt repair on your own PR System One machine, please post about it here in this thread and let us know how it went and if you could offer tips to other members, that would be great.

Thanks

I have repaired a lot of Respironic machines and a few Resmed machines for our members and outsiders . There is only two major parts short of the heater in the humidifier . 1 being the main board 2 being the blower . software is the only main difference between say a 250p and a 550p even in my 750p same blower just a different ID. sticker on the E prom chip . almost forgot Power supply is the same until you get to the 60 series . Respironics is very easy to open , Resmed it help if you know where the plastic release clips are . By the way I have Never charged anyone a cent to repair there machine ,If I have a spare part I give it to them . Trust Me Respironics will not sell parts so they come from doner machines . I feel its my way of giving back to a cause I believe in . Is it hard to work on your own machine No . You just have to pay attention to a few things , were parts go and to make sure you line up the Pressure sensor ports . If I can help some one let me know . I just removed a broken power pin for a member a week or so ago in a S9 after his DME wanted $400. to repair it . So far Power Issues are the #1 problem . 2 being water damage from drops with humidifier full of water .
jim I-love-CPAP
Post Reply Post Reply
This is awesome. Now if only there was a way to buy replacement parts, which I assume Respironics will not sell to the public.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-23-2014, 07:37 PM)JJJ Wrote: This is awesome. Now if only there was a way to buy replacement parts, which I assume Respironics will not sell to the public.

Nope already Tried , They will only deal with DME's and none of the have a clue other than normal replacement parts like filters , humidifier tanks and mask seals . I did notice a few on the supplier's list have humidifier seals for the dry box but that's about it . I'm always asking people what there doing with there old machines so I can use it for parts to fix others machines . look in the good will stores I've gotten a few from there . Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-23-2014, 07:37 PM)JJJ Wrote: Now if only there was a way to buy replacement parts

Craigslist or Ebay may be good sources. All those machines sitting in closets gathering dust usually find their way to one of these two places. They don't always work, which means you can get them for a great price, and as long as the part you need is good, you got it made!

Mike
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,963 359,247 04-12-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Resmed Heating System Errors btreger 0 113 04-05-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Inspire system JThammer 15 382 04-04-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: cdplatt
  Airsense 11. Heating system error Jskier 6 7,020 03-30-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Ron LI
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,892 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 475 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 362 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.