Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Service required
Service required
Hi everyone,

I purchased a Remstar 550p from Direct Medical Supply..it worked for two weeks and is now saying "service required".

Any suggestions on how to get my machine working again? I really need my therapy.

Unfortunately I do not have health insurance and needed to buy this used model. I have no recourse with this medical supply company except to write a bad review.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Service required
I can't answer your questions but I'll post to bump it back up in the hope that other can help you.

I feel bad for your situation. Have you tried calling the company and talk to them? You might have no legal right to a different machine but I've talked myself many times through what appeared impossible at first. The key is persistence, being polite and sounding really desperate and determined. If one person says no, talk to another one. Never assume, something is written in stone because there was some small print that said so.
Sorry, that's the best I can offer.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much for your response. My head is very foggy today. It's hard to live like this. I do have hope and follow the advice you laid out here. I was only able to email the seller and shared my desperation. I will continue to follow up.
Post Reply Post Reply
I know how that feels,it's no fun!
In the meantime, you might want to improve your sleep by paying attention to position. Don't sleep on your back or tuck in your chin, as it will encourage your throat to collapse more often. I would buy a soft cervical collar that is wide enough to prevent this, they should cost under $10 at a pharmacy. Check out the thread titled Sleep Cycles and Tiredness, and find an optimal time to sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would contact the company again and tell them that as a business, they should make you whole for something that wasn't even 30 days old before failure. If not, you will have no choice but to contact the BBB as well as their state Consumer Complaint department for selling you a used item that failed so quickly. They are in business to sell such products. They offer a 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee which should extend to you as well. You certainly can be reasonable before pulling out the big guns.
Post Reply Post Reply
The 550P is quite an old model and could be 2008-2011.  The 50 series had a problem with the flow sensors not having good contact because a screw was omitted.  I'll be glad to give you the fix, but I think you should return it.   Without using a URL or .com, where did you buy it?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi kennmcb,
I hope you are able to get a different machine.
Good luck to you and WELCOME! to the forum.!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried unplugging the power cord waiting 5 min. and then plug it back up ?
I have an old Remstar Auto that acted up displaying an error code and I did this and
it worked fine again till I got my new machine a couple of months later.  And darn if 
my new DreamStation didn't tell me when it was 2 months old that Service Was Required
so I unplugged it waited a while and pluged it back up and all was well ! Actually it did that
once more so i unpluged it again and it worked till I could give it back to my DME for a new one.
Post Reply Post Reply
EMS Medical Supply out of Salt Lake City. If you could give me info on the fix, it'd be much appreciated.

They are sending me a replacement machine, but I'm concerned that this problem could continue with this model machine
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just Diagnosed - Advice Required on What to Purchase Dazkd1969 0 59 Yesterday, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Dazkd1969
  [CPAP] Advice required regarding data Mjfbeeslaar 4 384 12-28-2023, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [CPAP] Preparing for first night with CPAP (help required) applebee 2 432 10-28-2023, 11:20 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
Question [Diagnosis] Sleep test Required/Mandatory ??? dalabera 9 762 10-26-2023, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Can My Luna 3b Be 'Bricked' (deactivated) by Doctor or Service? Frostlight 10 1,233 08-03-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Psychotech
  Remstar Auto M Series "Service Required" msgill59 24 36,216 01-08-2023, 07:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  IntelliPAP 2 & IntelliPAP Blue (DV63 & DV64) Service Manual now available SuperSleeper 0 461 11-21-2022, 04:32 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.